PDA

View Full Version : Our Second Trip to the World! Pre-trip report.

thejens
05-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Me: Jennifer, the fanatic and planner aka Mama; The other Jen, aka Mom, likes Disney a normal amount; our boys: Ben, 9, and Zac, 3; my mom aka Grandma; my sister, Pamela, her boys Nic, 10 and Will, 7.

We are all staying at the Beach Club for a week beginning this Saturday, May 26. We decided to pick up my son from his last day of school at noon and drive down Friday and stay at ASMovies. We have reservations for Whispering Canyon the first night.

I am SO excited. Last year I decided that my oldest son was old enough to appreciate DW so I somewhat reluctantly planned the trip. (Intercot and the Unofficial Guide were a HUGE help.) I've never liked Six Flags or scary rides, I hate lines and crowds, and previously perceived Disney as a corporate monster churning out stereotypes and drivel in pepto bismal pink. After about 5 seconds in Disney World I began to hum It's a Small World and I've never been the same since. We stayed at AKL and my other sister and Mom stayed in the Contemporary. Both were amazing. My plans went very well and we had a great time despite the Spring Break crowds. Since then I have read about 20 books about Walt, Disney Management, and of course park books. I have watched Snow White more than once and find myself beaming stupidly whenever anything gives me the opportunity to start talking about Disney. Embarrasingly, my 9 year old son is clearly humoring me when I talk about our trip. "You sure are looking forward to this trip, aren't you Mama?" Yes, I mutter, carefully rearranging the ponchos, double checking for extra batteries for the spray bottles I've already purchased, tucking in some extra mole skin.

I can't believe we are leaving in just a few days!!! Is there any hope that my Disney addiction will subside a bit? Our last trip was so wonderful. I am really looking forward to this trip as it will be the first for my nephews. They are a bit shy about rides, but I think Disney will be perfect for them. There is so much magic! I'll try to report as soon as possible. Here is our basic intinerary:

Friday 5/25 All Star Music—dinner Whispering Canyon at 8:00 p.m. Electric WP 9:30

Saturday, 5/26 Check in at the Beach Club Epcot, Pool during day. 5:30 p.m. Dinner at Cape May, Head to MK for 9:00 Spectromagic Parade and 10:00 Wishes Fireworks

Sunday, 5/27MGM Studios,12:30 Lunch at Sci Fi, 3:00 p.m. Stars and Cars Parade, (could take pool break) Fantasmic Dinner Hollywood & Vine 7:00. p.m.

Monday, 5/28 Epcot, Swim, Illuminations at 9:00 p.m. Dinner::6:10 p.m. Rose and Crown

Tuesday, 5/29 Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree lunch, Boma for dinner (do you think kids could take a dip in the pool??)

Wednesday, 5/30 Magic Kingdom, 5:30 dinner at California Grill, back to MK after?

Thursday, 5/31 EMH at Magic Kingdom, Ohana 10:50 a.m. Character Breakfast, ?? Pool ? Epcot ? or straight to Downtown Disney/Quest, RF Café Dinner

Friday, 6/1 open?? Animal Kingdom in a.m.? Swim and Epcot in afternoon or Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner 5:40 p.m.at Le Cellier

Saturday, 6/2 MGM Studios for Starwars Stuff 11:15 Star Wars Parade Lunch 12:15 at 50s Prime Time, counter service Dinner 7: 00 p.m. SW Hoopla or possibly the kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream after the hoopla????

Sunday, 6/3 Cape May Character Breakfast, 9:10 a.m., and go home, booo hooo. Doesn't this seem way to short!?:blush:

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Sounds like you have all the makings of a WDW addict. The only cure now is more trips like the great one you have planned! I hope your big group has a great time. Make sure you see Warwick Davis on your Star Wars Weekend Day. He is fabulous!! :mickey:

Belle's Mom
05-22-2007, 09:22 AM
We will miss you by a week! It sounds good to me! Have a blast and looking forward to your trip report when you return!:mickey:

January-2007
05-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Have a fabulous time! It's so funny how different planners attack the parks in such different ways. We're staying at the Beach Club as well, May 26-June 3, let's hope for some great weather, shall we?

Bethanymouse
05-23-2007, 07:22 AM
It sounds like you have a great plan there! Enjoy your trip!:mickey:

faline
05-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Great plans!

The only part you might have to skip is using the pool at Animal Kingdom lodge. The pool is open only to guests at Animal Kingdom and vacation club owners.

thejens
05-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Maybe we'll see you January! We'll be the tired but happy women with lots of little boys! I can't wait!!! The weather forcast seems to improve a bit each day (if you like hot and chance of thundershowers:thumbsup: )

EllieMae
05-23-2007, 11:53 PM
I hope y'all have so much fun on your trip! We stayed at the beach club last time we went and I really think your boys will enjoy the pool. We were there in December and even though others were swimming, this Texas girl thought the water was too cold! But, my then 2 year old niece really enjoyed playing in the sand and on the playground in the afternoons. The market place is great for breakfast, especially to run down and fill up the mug and grab a bite to take back to the room while everyone gets ready.

pogo
05-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Your plan sounds absolutely wonderfull with one exception.......... it dosen't include me. :(

I hope you have a very magical time at WDW and from the sound of your pre-trip report, I'm sure you will.:thumbsup:

Please don't forget to come back with your trip report when you get home and get rested. I want to hear all about it. :D

thejens
05-25-2007, 08:58 AM
I know it is silly to post, but we are about to get in the car and drive to the World!!!!! I am so excited! I really appreciate all of the suggestions and shared enthusiasm from all the Intercottees!!! Thanks guys! Now, 7 more hours to go....

faline
05-25-2007, 09:06 AM
Have a wonderful time but drive safely!

mrsgaribaldi
05-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Have a great trip:mickey::thumbsup:

SgtTigger
05-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Ok so now I am wondering how Whispering Canyon went.....

About now you should be headed over to the beach club....... I wish I would have seen this before now because I would have told you Beaches and Cream is a must....

We will be coming down just as you leave and I cant wait.....

:cop: :tigger:

sleepingbooty
05-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Hope you're enjoying your trip! Can't wait to read about it when you return:thumbsup: