PDA

View Full Version : Pirates party?

Bethanymouse
05-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey there my fellow intercotees! We are heading to the world in August and see that the Pirates and Princess party is an option for a few of our nights there. Can someone tell me all about this event? Does this mean that the park closes earlier to the general public? I know that it is a separate ticket for the evenings but I would LOVE to hear more about this. Traveling is me (25) and my Disney Fiance (27). We are huge pirates fans but not sure if this would be for us....HELP!

Figment!
05-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Disney's Pirate & Princess Party (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/pnpparty/default.asp) :pirate: :princess:

Bethanymouse
05-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks Jason I checked that out previously but I was hoping some people can fill me in on their experiences!

BronxTigger
05-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I am thinking about the same thing. If I go, it will just be me (25) and I'd only be able to go the night of the 21st. I'll be there the 18-22, but I have an ADR on the 18th, so I can't go on that night.

So far, I haven't found anyone on Intercot who is going on the 21st. I have not yet bought a ticket because I haven't made a decision yet. I don't really want to go alone, but if there will be an Intercot mini-meet I'd love to do it!

psychotekkie
05-22-2007, 09:24 PM
We are taking our kids on August 15th. I heard that kids of ALL ages have a blast, and kids and adults alike will be dressed in costumes (optional). Also heard that the special fireworks show that night is the absolute best ever (some people go just for that), and there is a specific parade as well (the only one in WDW that includes Tink).

There will be tons of unusual characters out and about if you are interested in doing meet-n-greet. But get in line for Jack Sparrow REALLY early or during a parade or something, cause apparantly his line stays long all night.

Also, the park "should" be considerably less crowded, so if you are up for rides, the lines should be really short! (I say "should" 'cause I believe it depends on how many tickets they sell).

So depending if you like these things, I guess it's up to you! Enjoy!!

faline
05-22-2007, 09:32 PM
We went to one of the parties in January and had a great time! My husband and I both dressed as pirates. Our costumes received lots of recognition from cast members (and characters)! I'd highly suggest dressing in character for this event. It adds so much to the experience!

We had a great time watching the parade, riding the rides, viewing the wonderful fireworks and stopping for treasure!