PDA

View Full Version : TRIP REPORT DAY 2 - Sea World

ddcrna
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Spent the day today at SW San Diego, and found it different, but every bit as enjoyable as SW Orlando. We visited here once before a few years ago and had a so-so impression of SW San Diego, but this trip was different. Shamu show is the same as Orlando. The Dolphin show has dolphins and pilot whales, and is themed like the old Discovery Cove at Orlando SW. Clyde and Seamore is a submarine show and is the funniest I have ever seen - we've seen Pirate Island, Hotel C&S, and GTool Time - this is the best. They have the otter doing lots of neat tricks, and the whole show is just a lot of fun. One big difference is that the venues are mostly outdoors, with no cover, and even though it was cloudy all day, we got a bit burned. Landscaping was very nice, and food was OK but overpriced (like all SW's). Off in the morning for Disneyland - can't wait to post that report for you as we are sure to have a ball.:party:

tinkwest
05-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Sea World is nice to visit every now & then, but I find that I am ready to go well before closing. Looking forward to the Disneyland Resort portions of your report! Have fun!!

Jessie
05-28-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't think I've been to a Sea World park since I was about 3! It's on my list. Glad you had fun.

Carol
06-15-2007, 07:55 AM
I love sneaking in a trip to Sea World from time to time when you vacation in Orlando. I love Clyde and Seymour! :funny:

I'm glad to hear your experience was better this time around. :dolphin: Thanks for reporting.

ChipnDaleGal
06-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I always enjoy a day at Sea World. I am glad that it was a good time for you. Thanks for reporting.

Chescat
06-22-2007, 06:18 PM
I haven't been in 2 or 3 years. Do they still have the Clydesdale horses? Its always fun to watch the baby Clydesdales running around the fenced in area. They are so cute. :cloud9: But watching those Clydesdales line up to pull the engine with the dalmation on the engine is so neat! I just love those horses.

ChipDale
06-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Sounds like another fun day! I've never been to Sea World (we can never tear ourselves away from Disneyland to do it :blush: ). Thanks for sharing!

faline
06-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Glad you enjoyed your day!

3kingeryboys
07-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Nice trip report. I was thinking of taking my family to SW too. I am glad to hear you had a great time and we will be adding that to our list of fun things to do in CA. :mickey: