PDA

View Full Version : What do you consider a thrill ride?

Jessie
05-21-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm curious how different people define "thrill ride". Do you consider attractions with a big thrill (Splash Mountain) a thrill ride? Or an attraction that is continuously moving and changing at fast speeds a thrill ride?

disneymom2000
05-21-2007, 10:20 PM
A thrill ride to me is one that makes me so nervous or excited before getting on and has me laughing so hard and maybe have shaky legs when I get off. I would consider RnRC, ToT, Splash Mountain these types of rides.:paranoid:

Christine
05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Goofy Barnstormer! :sick: :ack: Of course, I am a phenomenally huge :baby:!

larandtra
05-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I would say that for me there really are not any "thrill" rides at WDW. There are fun rides and rides I love going on and look forward to riding. But, to me a thrill ride is something like Montu or Shiekra at BG Tampa, Hulk or Dueling Dragons at IOA, or Kraken at Sea World. Rides I get on with extreme anticipation and a bit of trepidation built by the excitement.

biodtl
05-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I also don't consider any WDW rides thrill rides. Not to say that I don't love them - I'd rather be there than anywhere. One of my favorite rides is in a local amusement park - the pitfall - it's one of those tall drop rides. And any super-fast coaster with huge drops.

Scar
05-21-2007, 10:52 PM
There are no "thrill" rides at WDW. Try the "Phoenix" at Knoebels. :thumbsup:

snifflesmcg
05-21-2007, 10:57 PM
I think the only "thrill" rides are Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster. The rest are mild.

Try the "Phoenix" at Knoebels. :thumbsup:
I might do that, thanks!

Ms.Disney
05-21-2007, 11:30 PM
I guess everyone has there own definition as to what a thrill ride is. I think that there are many thrill rides at WDW.

Mk- all the Mt.'s...and well goofys just a little thrilling to :secret:
Epcot- TT Soarin and MS
MGM- ToT RnR
AK- E:E I also think that Dinosaurs is borderline "thrilling" :blush:

Mickey91
05-21-2007, 11:33 PM
I think any coasters and / or scary (ToT) rides. Anything that people with a heart condition are advised to stay off.

BigRedDad
05-22-2007, 05:10 AM
"Thrill" is based on timing. In the day, SM, TM were thrill rides. Now they are just enjoyable. RnR was a thrill ride a few years back, but it is common place now. Linear induction, inverted roller coasters have not had many changes in recent years. The Griffin opens at BG Europe this weekend. It is supposed to be a new type of thrill ride. The Ejector Seat is a new one that is commonly at fairs. However, I have not seen much innovation in what I consider a thrill ride in recent years.

Jessie
05-22-2007, 10:31 PM
I always considered the Mountain rides, Splash, RnR, ToT and Soarin' thrill rides. It's funny how we can differ so much in our definitions. I think there are varying degrees of course. Some might think RnR mundane, but I've never been on it because I'm chicken! So that's a biggie to me. I'm going to try to go on it next trip. I managed to do Screamin' at Disney's California Adventure. That was a big step. RnR should be a piece of cake....look at me, I've gone off on a tangent!:oops: