PDA

View Full Version : A Tarheel's Pretrip Report

Tarheel
05-21-2007, 09:44 PM
:mickey:

Two weeks and a wake up and this tarheel will be flying on Southwest (non stop) from Raleigh for a combo business and pleasure trip to WDW. I will travel with several fellow staff members from work for a three day training seminar. And although a training seminar may sound borrrrinng, and it probably will be, as a result there are some perks, main two being lodging is at CSR where the nightly rate with tax is $93.00, multi-day park hoppers will cost $15 less than AAA rates.

Day of arrival will only be travel day as far as work is concerned, so after check-in this Disney nut will be on his way to a park, likely MK to do HM before renovations start. After that as much as a fast pass and single lines will allow to be done until its time to turn in and get ready for the training the following morning, Wednesday, June 6th.

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will be spent at the conference center at CSR. Somehow I will have to ward off envious thoughts as I go to class and witness vacationers heading to the bus stop for another day in a park.

Thursday evening my DW, not as much of a Disney nut as me but she has her moments, particularly in shops, will join me. She will find her way to one of the resort's pools on Friday and be in her environment, a lounge chair beside the pool in the Fla sunshine. Next to shopping that's her thing!:thumbsup:

Come Saturday morning, June 9th, we both begin the pleasure part of this week long trip. Epcot will likely be done 1st, can't wait to riding Soarin, TT, MS, etc. etc. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday (until early afternoon) will be spent in AK, MGM, and MK, not necessarily in that order.

We leave Fla late Tuesday afternoon, June
12th and return to NC, and will feel that departure sadness that many of u have experienced when leaving WDW:( :(

I will make a post trip report to share our experiences and until then may all who are in WDW at this very minute be having the time of your life, and for those who will soon be on your way, may your journey be safe and full of much expectation.

Previous WDW visits include:

Dec. 1971- off site
Aug 1973-honeymooned at CR
Yearly for next 10+ years-several WDW resorts
Feb 2000-CSR
Dec. 2003-Pop

Bethanymouse
05-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Hey it beats being in the office! Have a magical trip!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2007, 08:48 AM
I was lucky enough to combine a business trip with a few days of fun at WDW last year, so I know how great you must be feeling about now. I hope you have a great conference and enjoy your Disney days as well. :mickey:

MissStyles
05-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Atleast you get the boring part over in the beginning, right?? Try not to daydream too much and have a magical time! :)

January-2007
05-22-2007, 10:23 PM
I hope you have a great time. Enjoy the parks and at least you're staying on property during the work part! We'll be enjoying the Florida sun in 4 days! I'm just as excited as you are!

faline
05-23-2007, 05:55 AM
Have a great trip! At least you can enjoy the ambience of Disney - even while you're working!

mrsgaribaldi
06-01-2007, 08:31 AM
Have a good trip:mickey:

pogo
06-01-2007, 08:37 AM
It sounds like a wonderfull plan. :thumbsup:

Have fun. :D

disneydrmr
06-01-2007, 09:29 AM
A conference at a Disney resort beat a conference, well, just about anywhere else! :D Hope you have a safe and magical trip and hope that your conference days fly by while your Disney days allow you to do all that you wish to do! Have a great trip! :stitch2: