PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Land Attraction

disneymom2000
05-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I am headed to Disney World in December. One of the days there, I would like to drive over to "The Holy Land" and see what this is all about. Has anyone seen this? How far is it from say the Boardwalk Inn or the Beach Club? Does it take 1/2 day or should I plan a whole day for it? Is it worth giving up one of my days at the parks?

snifflesmcg
05-21-2007, 09:08 PM
I saw this "Holy Land" park on tv once on a show called "30 Days". Personally, I wouldn't waste my time.

Rockstar Boyfriends
05-23-2007, 07:02 PM
I posted a trip report on my visit to the Holy Land Experience during April 2005 right here on Intercot. Click the link below to read it:

Holy Land Experience trip report (intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=49576&highlight=holy+land+experience)

RAIDER
05-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Ive been to it .....

Lets just say its a place you go once to just to say you have been there .

Its a good concept but its slightly over the top when they start preaching ......

Overall i was glad i went though

The scriptorium is brilliant and am sorry to say the
Goliath Burger is the best burger i have ever had in ever !!!!!

LibertyTreeGal
06-11-2007, 07:49 AM
I went back in 2004 and enjoyed it. Gotta tell you that I am not a church goer, I don't do religion, I am just all about walking with Jesus. I enjoyed the reinactments, I loved looking at the artifacts (I am an archaeology buff) and I also enjoyed the talks on Jewish rituals and culture.

Everyone in our party had a wonderful time. Oh, and I wish we had all day. I had to rush through the scriptorium :(

And for the life of me I don't remember any preaching, just them doing "plays" from the gospel accounts and talks on Jewish life. And if someone doesn't want to see that, then I don't know why they would even go in the first place ....

RAIDER
06-11-2007, 08:02 AM
And for the life of me I don't remember any preaching, just them doing "plays" from the gospel accounts and talks on Jewish life. And if someone doesn't want to see that, then I don't know why they would even go in the first place ....

I went in 2005 and in 2 places this speaker let off on his "glory be to jesus speach etc " ... I think it was the Moses show and the Calvary talk ....

And it was my first time i went there so i didnt forsee what was going to happen .... thus if i had known i wouldnt have stayed on .