PDA

View Full Version : Teachers! School's Out for the Summer!

forbella
05-21-2007, 08:35 PM
From one teacher to all my fellow teachers who are just now getting out for the summer or will soon get out for the summer- Have a great, relaxing summer at DW!!! I can't wait, knock on wood! This will be our 3rd consecutive trip with our daughter- we've been going to DW since she was 2 and we are busting out at the seams in anticipation of our scheduled August trip (just before we head back to school here in Memphis, TN). Sorry for the run on sentences! We are planning to stay at the POP once more to save money for an extra day or two in the park versus going all out for the "more exclusive" :cool: resorts. One day we'll go all out and stay at the Grand with daughter (Honeymoon 1995):blush: . Not excited about the weather during the first week of August...hot and humid-:mad: not my favorite adjectives while at DW. I'm really hoping gas prices start to slide down by the time we get ready to leave! I really miss the 80's (I'm dating myself).:number1:

Again, have a great summer all you Teachers out there! I love running into fellow teachers at DW- it's almost as if we can sense one another!:mickey:

BronxTigger
05-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I am a teacher in the Bronx. I have 24 days left by my count.

When in August are you going? I'll be there the 18-22! :thumbsup: (I'm also going shortly before I have to return to the classroom.)

Belle's Mom
05-22-2007, 09:18 AM
Georgia teacher here! Home today with a sick DD4! Not too bad as it helps me get some planning for our June 8 trip!!! WooHoo! School is out here on Friday for our kids and I will be done the next Friday and leave the next Thursday to drive south!! We met a teacher at AK in October who sat and talked with my kids while my DH and I traded off trips on EE! She was sweet! Congrats to all those teachers out there!!!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Headed for the Magic ONE WEEK from tomorrow! The kids think THEY are counting down!!! :crazy:

jefmblrd
05-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I teach in Massachusetts, but we were in WDW during April vacation, so we won't be there this summer. To all of you teachers who are going-have a great time. It's always good to hear from fellow educators.

baby minnie's mommy
05-22-2007, 11:59 AM
DH is a computer tech at school, and gets out Thursday! Leaving for Disney Fri. for the weekend to celebrate! :joy: He starts his summer job installing activeboards as soon as we get back.

Have a great summer everyone - try to take some time to relax! :vacation:

ibrowse17
05-22-2007, 12:29 PM
DW and I teach in Alabama, and Friday is the last day:thumbsup: No Disney plans as of yet, but may hit the Beach Club for a weekend in August! Congrats to all on surviving another year.

cajunmickey
05-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Our last day is also Friday in South Louisiana. Leave Sunday with DS and girlfriend for a senior trip. They graduated on the 16th. I can't wait!:blush:

forbella
05-23-2007, 01:56 PM
We are trying to do our DW trip (knock on wood) the last week of June/first week of August. Around this time of the year for some strange reason I find myself at the local Mall in the Disney store...just to be near Disney stuff:cloud9: ...terrible right? I found my wife going to the DW website last night just listening to the intro music...really bad. This year we plan on doing 2 days at Universal as well, we can't decide to do it first or last. We are considering staying at the Hard Rock hotel for a night due to a discount we can get. Still deciding, we have been there many times before our daughter arrived into our lives, we'd love to share Universal and DW with her this year.

I do have a question that I'll ask my fellow teachers. My wife is considering going out of our traditional POP Century stay and try out the Carribean something hotel on property, any one have any pros or cons- I will be checking out the posts in the Accomodations threads...

thanks everyone for reading my post!:mickey: