PDA

View Full Version : Another Poor Soul Needing ADR Help

Llamaface23
05-21-2007, 08:31 PM
HELP! My boyfriend and I, both early 20's, are going to WDW in mid August for 8 days. We are having difficulty deciding where to eat, never mind making ADRs. We know we want to eat at Ohana's, Cali Grill, and Le Cellier (hopefully ::crosses fingers::). Should we make any more ADRs or should we just fly by the seat of our pants? We are def. interested in getting the most attractions in as we can and dont mind getting up early and staying up late. What do you guys think? A few more ADRs or should we just keep it as is and eat more counter service and snacks?

Thanks!

SBETigg
05-21-2007, 08:42 PM
You know where you want to eat but have you made ADRs? You may have trouble finding any times at the more popular restaurants by now, including 'Ohana, Le Cellier, and Cali Grill. I would also consider adding a few, maybe Narcoossee's and Marrakesh. Keeping a few days open for counter service grab and go is a good idea, too. Best wishes getting those ADRs.

disneygirlie11
05-21-2007, 09:43 PM
My boyfriend and I went last year (also early 20's) and we both thought Teppanyaki was our best meal. It's in Epcot in Japan. It was sooo good!!

Vinny
05-21-2007, 10:59 PM
I am in my 20's also and like all of your selections. Le Cellier especially is a great restaurant. I would recommend the Hollywood Brown Derby at MGM. I ate there for the first time on my last trip and had a great time. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the food and service is very good. Have a fun trip!!

Natazu
05-22-2007, 05:02 AM
We make a dinner ADR each night. It is too difficult to get into most restaurants as a "walk-in", plus, picking restaurants for a trip is part of the fun to me.

Remember: if you have the ADR and decide to wing it instead, no big deal. If you don't have the ADR and want to eat, you may be out of luck.

kathiep
05-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Make your reservations now. We were there last September and kept a few nights open so we could "play it by ear".

Well - we wound up not being able to walk up and get in anywhere in the parks because of free dining.

You don't want to get stuck having too many counter service meals.

Momof2boys
05-22-2007, 01:52 PM
If you can't get a dinner ADR, then think about doing a later lunch. We have a few of these later times planned and that way we can have a decent breakfast, a good meal at lunch, and then snack for dinner.

If you're certain you want to eat at those places, I'd call now. I just booked my ADR's for October and had to take times that were left in some cases.

LibertyTreeGal
05-22-2007, 05:34 PM
At this point, you'd do well to have backup options for your backup options. I'd seriously consider planning on a lot of lunches. And I'd call today instead of tomorrow, because it's going to be increasingly difficult to find anything. The ones you chose -- well, I'd be amazed if you found anything for dinner by now, but it doesn't hurt to try. When you call Disney Dining, tell them the places you want, don't give them any times. See if they can find a time for you, and be satisfied with a lunch.

Nicki'sMom
05-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Be sure to add some breakfasts like Cape May character breakfast or Ohana's. Disney does really good breakfast.

tadshome
05-22-2007, 06:37 PM
I made my ADRs for my upcoming trip in August a few weeks back and could not get Le Cellier :( they told me to keep trying and i finally got one after about 5 phone calls for late afternoon on our last day :cloud9:

dolphinmickey9170
05-22-2007, 08:04 PM
You should make your ADR's now. Many times while checking in (first two weeks of May) people were being turned away. No more tables. What a huge disappointment for them.

We are going again 8/11 - 8/16 and some of my adr's were hard to book. LeCellier only had two seating times left for the day I was looking at. Good luck with the adr's and have a great time!!