PDA

View Full Version : Best dining @ Downtown Disney?

WDWizard
05-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I was just wondering what you all thought was the best place for a nice sit down meal at Downtown Disney? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on several Downtown Disney restaurants and just wanted to know what you all thought.
:mickey:

snifflesmcg
05-21-2007, 08:51 PM
My favorite isn't even listed. I happen to adore Cap'n Jacks. Was there last year and are going back again.

dumbo ears
05-21-2007, 09:19 PM
well, espn zone is awesome!

tinkwest
05-22-2007, 10:26 AM
My favorite isn't even listed. I happen to adore Cap'n Jacks. Was there last year and are going back again.

There is no Cap'n Jacks at DLR's DTD.

I chose two because we seem to divide up our time fairly evenly between Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen and ESPN Zone. Our family, as a whole, prefers the menu at ESPN Zone and we have always had great service. If we are in the mood to enjoy the live music or maybe just visit the bar we will pick Ralph Brennan's. They also have a good menu and great service. But I am a little wimpy when it comes to food with a "kick" so I have fewer choices on their menu.

House of Blues has also been ok with food & service. Rainforest Cafe certainly has a wide selection on their menu but the service by both the host/hostesses and waiter/waitresses has kept us away. Tortilla Jo's has disappointed us three out of three times for service & food. La Brea Bakery is fine for a quick bite - not what I would consider a sit down meal. I have never visited Catal and Naples has always had fine service but the menu never thrilled me.

Lucille
05-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Dh and I enjoy eating while watching a game at ESPN Zone but for a nice dinner we prefer the Jazz Kitchen.

Belle619
05-22-2007, 11:29 AM
We went to Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen last year and I loved it. We sat upstairs on the balcony and it was nice to just watch everyone below while listening to the music!

Chescat
05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I picked the ESPN Zone. Its kind of fun watching all those different sports events on all those TVs and I like the food in there. Also like the games upstairs.

We eat at La Brea Bakery Cafe for breakfast since its pretty good. Rainforest was okay, but just seems like it takes forever for the ordering to happen or getting your meal. Its just always so busy and really not worth it for me. I do know some people that had problems in Naples, either with service or food.

The other places I haven't been to, since the selection on their menus really didn't fall into the type of food I eat. :blush:

Jessie
05-28-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm all about the Jazz Kitchen. By far my favorite restaurant there. I love the atmosphere and the food was fantastic.

ChipDale
05-31-2007, 12:14 PM
Jazz Kitchen :thumbsup:

Great food and service. During the day, sit out on the patio for some great people watching. At night, inside near the piano. :smokin:

little disney lovers
06-03-2007, 01:28 AM
You can't go past Rainforest Cafe if you have kids in tow for a relaxing meal. There is so much going on around you the kids have no chance to get bored and play up, They are occupied and you get to relax!

DisneyLandMomma
06-04-2007, 09:57 PM
We haven't eaten at very many DTD places but I love La Brea Bakery...their panini sandwiches are sooo YUMMY!! :D