PDA

View Full Version : Ride videos instead of photos - coming soon?

grwoolf
05-21-2007, 08:19 PM
I was at Six Flags in San Antonio yestersday (wish I were at Disney) and rode their new Tony Hawk coaster. It's kind of like Primeval Whirl with a skateboard theme. Anyways, the cars had these cool little aluminum and glass balls with wires running out of them and I couldn't figure out what they were while we were riding. When we got off the ride, they were showing videos of us riding on the screen instead of the normal still shots and the video was shot from inside the car and immediately uploaded to the unload/video sale area. The video appeared to be very good quality and they were selling DVD's. I'm not a big fan of Six Flags parks in general, but I must say I was pretty impressed with the technology and I could think of several WDW attractions where I think this would go over well. I would love a high quality ride video of the family on BTMRR or EE.

DizneyRox
05-21-2007, 08:46 PM
This would be fairly easy to implement. All they need is some generic footage of the ride from various angles and then in key spots "edit" in live footage from the ride vehicles.

I'm surprised it hasn't been done sooner. This would be fantastic as part of a vacation highlights video. Swipe your media pass at phtographer stations, and the ride that have videos, and right before you leave, turn on your resort TV and order up a DVD for the trip home. Actually you can preveiw it right there!

Hmmmm.... Anyone there? WDI has been silent for a bit since the shake up, but I'm sure someone it listening...

dumbo ears
05-21-2007, 09:25 PM
that would be reall cool to have. what if you could take all your ride videos and put them on one dvd, that would be cool. All though some of my rides I use curse words or other stuff so maybe I don't want all the rides, just some.

Mandalorian30
05-22-2007, 05:17 PM
That does sound really cool! Another great ride would be the Tower of Terror, if they could do it there.

But dumbo ears brings up a point...I wonder what they would do about people who would curse, use expletive hand gestures, etc. on the videos?

TFrauts
05-23-2007, 11:01 AM
I could see them just adding the appropriate music to everyones...that way they wouldn't have to worry about that type of thing whether it is you, or the people around you!!...what does 6 flags do?? Can you hear people talking in those vidoes??

wedway76
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM
We were in Dorney Park in Allentown PA a few weeks back and they had videos at the end of their big roller coaster instead of photos. There was one camera per 2 seats, which worked out for us because DW and DS rode and I watched. I dont know what they were charging for them or what media they gave you (I assume DVD). Even if you don't buy them you can watch your entire ride again at the photo booth. It's a lot of fun for both riders and chickens like me.

2Epcot
05-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I'm just starting to get my wife to do more of the thril rides. I would have loved to have her first rides on those on a DVD.

Stu29573
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
That's a fantastic idea! Who would have EVER thought that Six Flags would scoop Disney? The last time I remember that happening is when Six Flags Over Texas opened the world's first log flume....in 1962....:mickey:

KAJUNKING
05-23-2007, 03:07 PM
that does sound like a really good idea, i would love to see disney do something like this

Mandalorian30
05-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Six Flags really seems to be working hard to make their parks really nice again. At least the St. Louis one seems that way. I'll be going there soon, so I'll be checking to see if they have this video feature on their new Tony Hawk Rollercoaster.

I do hope Disney gets something like this in the future. I may purchase one if it's for the right ride. I really wish I could've had something like this for my gf's first trip to disney. I'd love to have that look of awe and amazement on her face captured on video. :)

MickeyandTink
05-23-2007, 07:58 PM
That's a fantastic idea! Who would have EVER thought that Six Flags would scoop Disney? The last time I remember that happening is when Six Flags Over Texas opened the world's first log flume....in 1962....:mickey:

Don't forget Six Flags also started the one price for all the rides ticket. Of course, that was around the same time.:secret:

I do like the idea of having several rides that could be inserted into your personal vacation DVD. Especially if you could pick and choose some of the stock footage that's included (for different parks, resorts,etc.)

CU Tiger
05-23-2007, 08:49 PM
If they did this at DW and the videos had sound, I could have its’ a small world in my head year round. :crazy: :doh: All I have to do is loop the DVD in my player. :funny: :mickey:

celebrationasheley
05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
for sheikra. You would think Disney wouldn't be too far behind.