PDA

View Full Version : DLP - Major Dissapointment

MPLSguy
05-21-2007, 08:12 PM
All I can say is IF you were ever thinking of going to DLP, please do yourself a favor and dont make ANY plans anytime soon! If you have been to either WDW and/or DLR Calif then the comparison between either and Disneyland Paris is unmistakeable and very forgetable. The property has the Disney name only and any other resembalance is purely coincidential. The Sequoia Lodge is certinally no Wilderness Lodge, the service is sub-Disney standard and the hotel is down right crummy!:mad:
The parks are dirty, employees and guests are RUDE and disrespectfull! Save both your time and $$ and go to WDW for the Disney experience.

DizneyRox
05-21-2007, 08:38 PM
I refuse to vacation in France, so DLP has been out for a long time.

Speedy1998
05-21-2007, 08:44 PM
The parks are dirty, employees and guests are RUDE and disrespectfull! Save both your time and $$ and go to WDW for the Disney experience.

Isn't this what the French are know for?

vizsla
05-22-2007, 05:32 AM
So sorry to hear that you did not enjoy DLP.

jedigrrrl
05-22-2007, 07:14 AM
I went in may 02 and had a fantastic time. I didn't stay on property, though. I took the subway from the city. I actually want to go back because I didnt have time to see it all or visit the Studios side.:mickey:

scooterca42
05-22-2007, 09:43 PM
We had a great time in 2005. It is so similar to California Disneyland that DH and I didn't even need maps! It's like they just faxed the park over!

Also, it was the first time my niece and nephew had experienced any Disney park, so it was even more fun seeing it through their eyes. Mind you, we did hop on the Metro and headed back home that night - my sister was working in Ste Germaine en Laye at the time on a four year contract - maybe going home afterward made a difference? Sorry you didn't like it.

Had to say, though, their Space Mountain beats WDW and DL all hollow! Mind you, I am a Jules Verne fanatic so it suits me down to the ground.

DisneyDudet
05-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Well... I'm headed in December but only going for 2 days to see as much as I can.

I hope I like it. I'm sure I will. I just want to be there and say I've been!

lindique
05-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I've been there a few times. Yes, it's different. But, for true Disney Park fans, it's absolutely worth it. There are rides and shows that don't exist in the US (Cinemagique was one of my favorites), and others that are better versions (don't miss "Phantom Manor" - Haunted Mansion - it's a far superior version).

It's interesting to see how they handle the language problem - most shows have headphones for various languages or alternate viewing times for English or French. Although it helps to know a little French, you won't have any problems. The official language of the hotels is English, and there are many Scandinavian CMs there who speak perfect American!

A little warning for those planning a trip - the Value hotels in DL Paris are not air- conditioned. So plan accordingly. However, you will not need AC except in the summer, as Paris is much, much cooler than Orlando or Anaheim.