PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express & Amtrak?

DizNee143
05-21-2007, 04:28 PM
my dad just called me and wants to know if they do the magical express thing at the train station for the people who go to disney using amtrak?..
i told him i dont think so but i would ask you guys and let him know!!! :mickey:
so does anyone know??
thanx for the help in advance!!! :mickey:

bobpfef
05-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Nope, they don't do that. I wish they did.

Jessie
05-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Great question. I had wondered the same thing as that's how I may be getting down there next year. I'm deathly afraid of flying. Major, huge, enormous phobia.

DizNee143
05-21-2007, 06:03 PM
thats what i figured...ill break the bad news to my dad..

Piglet822
05-21-2007, 08:48 PM
There are always taxis staged at Amtrak. Mears (http://www.mearstransportation.com)offers a shuttle to WDW. You could also look into Happy Limo (http://www.intercot.com/news/advertising/*********.asp). They are a site sponsor so it would help us as well :D

DizNee143
05-22-2007, 09:15 AM
dont know if anyone else will look at this thread but...at the train station do they have a place where you can rent a car?...or should my parents just wait and rent one on disney property? :mickey:

dizne4me
05-22-2007, 10:27 AM
don't know if this would help - but here's what we did back in 8/2003. We got off at the Amtrak station in Kissimmee(which is considerably closer to WDW than Orlando Amtrak station) and Hertz picked us up and drove us back to their office. I had made reservations with the Hertz office in the smaller airport (I can't recall the name of it-it's mostly for private or charter planes)and let them know we were travelling by train--they told me to call the office when we arrived at the station and they were only about 10 minutes away and they would pick us up. There were no add'l fees for that either and got a great deal on the car rental(we even applied the coupon we got from AAA and got upgraded to a Crown Vic.). When we were ready to leave and get back to the station - we just drove to the rental office and they drove us back and helped us with our bags. It worked out really well. I was very, very impressed.:thumbsup:

DizNee143
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
don't know if this would help - but here's what we did back in 8/2003. We got off at the Amtrak station in Kissimmee(which is considerably closer to WDW than Orlando Amtrak station) and Hertz picked us up and drove us back to their office. I had made reservations with the Hertz office in the smaller airport (I can't recall the name of it-it's mostly for private or charter planes)and let them know we were travelling by train--they told me to call the office when we arrived at the station and they were only about 10 minutes away and they would pick us up. There were no add'l fees for that either and got a great deal on the car rental(we even applied the coupon we got from AAA and got upgraded to a Crown Vic.). When we were ready to leave and get back to the station - we just drove to the rental office and they drove us back and helped us with our bags. It worked out really well. I was very, very impressed.:thumbsup:

hmm..thanx..ill def let my dad know about what you did...but i guess since you did that..there is nowhere actually at the train station to rent a car?? and are you seroious that the Kissimmee station is closer than Orlando?? oh man..i got alot of stuff i gotta tell my dad!!! thanx for all the great info!!! :mickey:

Piglet822
05-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I always forget about the Kissimmee station. I was there several years back, it's a small station, located right in the middle of town.
I would definitely recommend it over the Orlando station.

January-2007
05-23-2007, 08:02 PM
The Orlando station is a full service station though, something else to keep in mind. They have a ticket window, bathrooms, vending machines, all the great necessities of life. No Magical Express there, and I DO NOT recommend the shuttle. Next trip, we're taking a cab. We'll see how much that runs us, then maybe we could justify Happy Limo in September.

CleveRocks
05-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Just as an FYI ...

Disney's Magical Express can be taken ONLY between Orlando International Airport and the WDW owned-and-operated resort that you are registered at. So not only no DME at Amtrak stations ... no DME at bus stations, no DME at Sanford Airport, no DME at Swan or Dolphin or the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd., and no DME to or from a different resort than the resort you are registered at (in other words, you can't arrange to be picked up from a resort where you have an ADR on your last day unless you are a registered guest at that resort).

DizNee143
05-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Just as an FYI ...

Disney's Magical Express can be taken ONLY between Orlando International Airport and the WDW owned-and-operated resort that you are registered at. So not only no DME at Amtrak stations ... no DME at bus stations, no DME at Sanford Airport, no DME at Swan or Dolphin or the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd., and no DME to or from a different resort than the resort you are registered at (in other words, you can't arrange to be picked up from a resort where you have an ADR on your last day unless you are a registered guest at that resort).

wow ok...ya..kinda figured that...but didnt think it would hurt to ask!

Piglet822
05-24-2007, 09:08 AM
The Orlando station is a full service station though, something else to keep in mind. They have a ticket window, bathrooms, vending machines, all the great necessities of life. No Magical Express there, and I DO NOT recommend the shuttle. Next trip, we're taking a cab. We'll see how much that runs us, then maybe we could justify Happy Limo in September.

That's a good point about the facilities. I didn't even think of that :blush:

January-2007, you should be able to compare prices of taxis and limos online. I think a towncar would only be a few dollars more, I say go for it :thumbsup: