PDA

View Full Version : July 4th week

mommyprincess
05-21-2007, 03:04 PM
What can I expect the days after July 4th in regards to crowds? I read how crowded it is on the 4th, but does it get any better the days following?

BashfulMom
05-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm curious about this also. However, I imagine that the summer months will be very crowded.

Tygger7
05-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I hate to say this, but the crowds are terrible around the 4th of July. It's also REALLY hot. We went over the 4th a few years ago and won't attempt it again. Most every line was 60-120 minute wait (without FastPass), so we spent a lot of time in line. (We did FastPasses as much as possible, but sometimes you just have to wait it out.) As for the water parks during this time, the crowds were even worse, and it was 105 degrees...in the shade, at Blizzad Beach. We were there 6 hours and got to ride one slide....after a 2 hour wait. I will say that the fireworks are awesome on the 4th. My only advice would be to be prepared for the crowds & heat, and don't try to do too much in a day. Go to the parks early (both MK and Epcot were filled to capacity and quit letting people in by 12noon), hang out at the hotel pool in the heat of the afternoon, and then go back for the evening. Also, make your dining reservations asap, or you may not get in to the restaurants you want. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...it's just a really busy time to hit the parks.

cajunmickey
05-21-2007, 06:38 PM
We were there last year. We didn't make it there for the 4th but were there from the 5th on. I found it as crowded as normal for summer. Take advantage of fastpass, and the extra time in the parks after hours when it is cooler.If you can get to the parks as they open you can ride several of the really good rides before the lines get bad. If you pace yourself and take it slow it will be fine. Remember to have fun it is Disney!:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
05-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Crowds thin out a little a few days after July 4 but then pick up again about a week and a half later. July 4 is usually NUTS in the parks :tink:

TikiGoddess
05-21-2007, 08:30 PM
We were at WDW July 8-10 last year (Sat-Mon after July 4th). The crowds were at normal summer level -- lots of people, but if you know how to tour the parks you'll be fine.

Last year the weather was overcast and in the high 80's-low 90's. It was awesome! The year before we went in mid-July and the temps were in the high 90's. Just luck last year, I guess, but we're going down to FL July 3-12 again and am praying for some cloudy days!

TikiG