PDA

View Full Version : updates at MGM??

beksy
05-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I was reading a WDW tourguide and it said that this year there were going to be changes at MGM. It mentioned a new parade to replace the car one and a party in October similar to MNSSHP. Does anyone know anything about these? Are they true or just rumors? We are going in October and wanted to know what to expect at MGM. Thanks for any info! :mickey:

Wolf
05-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Oh I heard that too! I really hope they add another halloween party! I love MNSSHP but I'd love to go to 2 different ones while we are there!

plutoboy
05-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I believe that all of this is still in the rumor phase right now with the exception of a new parade....someone may know more for sure.

Block Party Bash is rumored to be coming from DCA to the Studios. The last I heard they were having problems getting it to fit into the narrow streets of the Studios so it may be going through some revamping before being rolled out.

There were also rumors of a more "teen/adult" age range halloween party going into the studios but I don't believe it has gone past the rumor phase.

Also there are the rumors that the Studios will be renamed in October to the Disney-Pixar Studios since the agreement to use the MGM was not renewed.

rsumrall
05-22-2007, 11:44 AM
The word on the internet is that Jack Skellington will host a Halloween party at MGM. It will allegedly be geared more towards teens.

LudwigVonDrake
05-27-2007, 07:43 PM
...and certainly don't forget "Toy Story Mania"! :mickey:

like2workout
05-29-2007, 11:53 AM
wow, another halloween party at mgm would be GREAT!!! mickey's not so scary halloween party is one of the best things i've ever done at disney, so another one in another park would be amazing. i'll keep looking here for updates. hopefully it will be for 2007???

battlefield2freak
05-29-2007, 02:31 PM
i heard last year that they was going to change the name since they didnt renew there contract with MGM.

Juniorunc2001
05-29-2007, 02:52 PM
so would it be the Disney/Pixar Studios?
How are you going to shorten that - "Lets go to DPS!"?