PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk

Dyanna
05-21-2007, 01:44 PM
As I have never been to Disney's Boardwalk can someone tell me what shops & restaurants I might find there. Staying at ASMo, how would I get there via the bus system?

JCDarzi
05-21-2007, 02:16 PM
My family visited Boardwalk for the first time last year in September. We were walking in Epcot and noticed that we could take a short walk and be in the Boardwalk area. We thought that during the day it was very quiet and there wasn't much to see. We figure that there is much more going on during the evening. I know that Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance Hall are there as well as several restaurants.

You can also walk or take a boat to the Boardwalk from MGM. I'm sure that from any park, you could also take a bus to BoardWalk Inn and visit the Boardwalk from there.

bleukarma
05-21-2007, 02:47 PM
From All Star I would probably take a bus to MGM then a boat over to the Boardwalk.

They have a lot of places to eat there. My brother likes the ESPN Club but I don’t particularly care for their food. I hear Spoodles is good. I’ve always wanted to do the dueling piano bar at Jellyrolls and visit the Atlantic Dance Hall. There are a few places to shop there. They also have a bakery. It’s a really nice place to be at night since its right on the water.:thumbsup:

Rosanne
05-21-2007, 03:10 PM
There are a lot of amazing restaurants at the Boardwalk. If you are looking for something really nice, try "Flying Fish". We always enjoy our meal there. Also, I highly recommend anything at "Spoodles" (their breakfast is the best). If you are looking for something more casual, try ESPN Club (for drinks and food). Of course, there is always the bakery and the candy shop (for those with sweet teeth).

There are a bunch of ways to get there. The easiest- a walk or a boat ride from both MGM or EPCOT. Of course, the Boardwalk is just a bus ride away from DTD, MK, AK, and the water parks.

At night, you have Jellyrolls and the Atlantic Dance Club. I don't know much about the ADC, but I absolutely LOVE Jellyrolls. If you have younger ones, there are games, bikes, and other activities outside on the Boardwalk.

Enjoy! I can't wait to get down there myself (August!!).

Pop Centurion
05-21-2007, 07:34 PM
You can get there by boat or short walk from either Epcot or MGM. Also by bus from MK, AK, or DTD.

Here's more info: http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/boardwalk/default.asp

LilOrmstonViolet38
05-23-2007, 09:55 AM
first of all the getting there i would go to MGM and take the boat, but that is just because i get sick of the buses all the time. EPCOT you actually have to walk through the entire park since it is on the other side from the entrance, and you would then have to use a ticket to get through the park. i don't go to parks every day when i am there, so when i go to Boardwalk or Yacht and Beach i chose not to go through EPCOT for the fact the that i haven't used a ticket all day and i don't want to go through the whole park just to get there.

when DH and i went on our honeymoon in Jan. it was alot of fun just walking down the boardwalk, it was the first time i had been on the Boardwalk at night, and i couldn't get in most places cuz i was only 20 :( but the atmosphere was worth the trip alone. there are all sort of things going on... there are bikes with organs/pianos (don't remember which) attached so the player can move along through the people. DH and I had on our wedding ears and he started playing the wedding march and then told everyone to congratulate us on being out when we should be "in". it was quite funny and made the night go well. the shops are great, and if you go there close to Illuminations at EPCOT and walk onto the bridge that goes to EPCOT you can watch the fireworks, it isn't the best view, but it's a free view!

next year in Jan when we go i'll know better about the clubs, i know some have cover charges so double check on that to before you get there and don't have cash on you! that would be a bummer. hope you have fun though!