PDA

View Full Version : Week right after Thanksgiving.

GreenB
05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Hi everybody.

Has anyone gone to WDW the week right after Thanksgiving?
How are the crowds?

Thank you very much for your comments.

jenperich
05-21-2007, 10:47 AM
I have no idea how the crowds are, but I hope they're good...becuase that's when we're going! I hear that's one of the slowest times to go, and it is Value Season. I hope you have a great time!

TiggerRPh
05-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi everybody.

How are the crowds?

The crowds are pretty good..we usually go at this time and they're manageable.

Hayden's Dad
05-21-2007, 11:41 AM
We like this time of year. It's not as hot, the crowds are manageable, and everything is decorated for Christmas.

Zippy_D_DooDah
05-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I asked this question last year because that was when we were supposed to go. The response I got was that the crowds were very light and it was a very good time to visit. I had a change of plans and we ended up at WDW the week before Christmas. The beginning of that week wasn't bad at all, but it got progressively more crowded as the week went on. It was beautiful that time of year and the weather was great. Things to check out: The Osbourne Lights at MGM, the chocolate displays in the resort lobbies (specifically Contemporary,Grand Floridian, & Boardwalk), DTD decor... everything was wonderful and really got you in the holiday spirit.

BelleBeauty
05-21-2007, 12:33 PM
We've gone both the week leading up to Thanksgiving and the week leading up to Christmas. Both were very light on the crowds until a day ro two before the holiday. I would expect that it would be the opposite the week after: heavy a day or so after the holiday and then light for the rest of the week. The weather is unpredictable this time of year - so plan ahead! I've been wearing a sweatshirt in November and swimming in a pool in 80 degree weather on Christmas morning!

DisneyJen26
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
It's a good time to go. The weekend is a little busy, but after that it's not bad at all. This past November we decided to go down on Thanksgiving day to have a couple of extra days, and boy, was it jammed. But it cleared out. :thumbsup:

dizneegirl71
05-21-2007, 12:54 PM
DH and I flew in the Sunday after Thanksgiving last year and left on the following Saturday (Dec. 2). We found the crowds to be very managable. I think that the longest we waited in a stand-by line was about 30 minutes. I did notice that on Friday, the parks did seem to get more busy, esspecially MK. The Christmas parade was being taped that weekend. I do recommend that if the Christmas parade if being taped while you are there, do not plan a character breakfast at MK. We had breakfast at the Crystal Palace and the characters kept disapperaring to appear in the parade, so we felt rushed to have pictures and autographs. The weather was beautiful. It was in the upper 70's during the day and in the lower 60's at night (we did have some rain, but it was only part of the day). Coming from Wisconsin, I only wore a sweatshirt one night. From what I learned from cast members, you need to be prepared for ALL kind of weather at this time of year though. Enjoy your trip! Christmas time is magical at WDW! :mickey:

Strmchsr
05-21-2007, 02:02 PM
This used to be one of the lowest crowd weeks of the year, but no longer. While I certainly wouldn't call crowds "heavy" nor would I say they are light. Moderate is probably a good call on crowds that week. Standbye lines for the most popular rides will be 30ish minutes, but more like 15 for the less popular rides, though I have seen Soarin and Test Track both with 60 min + waits during that week the last 2-3 years.

Kristi P.
05-26-2007, 09:38 PM
we are going that week to and I hope the crowds are good. we have friends who go this time ever year and they say it is not crowded. and they to are going back the same time this year.

A Big Kid
05-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi everybody.

How are the crowds?

Our favorite time to go due to the low crowd levels, nice weather, and the Christmas decorations are up.