PDA

View Full Version : TRIP REPORT DAY 1 - SD Wild Animal Park

ddcrna
05-21-2007, 10:32 AM
As promised, here we go! First day here 5/20, we spent at the Wild Animal Park. If you don't know, it is affiliated with the SD Zoo. It is out in the country, about 30 miles from SD and very rural. On the way to it, you pass vineyards, orange orchards, and ostrich farms, including a farm stand selling ostrich eggs and ostrich jerky! The Park itself is gorgeous, very natural settings and huge open areas for animals to roam. Many endangered and threatened species. There is a Tour of Africa, which is similar to the Kilimanjaro Safari at AK, but much more heavily narrated by very knowledgable guides and with lots of stops for photos. We walked the trails with incredible scenic overlooks of mountains and animals - complete with signs to stay on trails - SNAKES in the brush and woods. Weather was cloudy and cool (60) in SD, but sunny and 70's in Escondido where the park is. We had a great day! Today we are off to Sea World, and then up to Anaheim in the morning for DL!!!:mickey:

tinkwest
05-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Glad you enjoyed the Wild Animal Park. It is far enough removed from things that some people don't know it even exists. I find it to always be a very relaxing place. Thanks for sharing.

Jessie
05-28-2007, 06:43 PM
It sounds gorgeous!

Carol
06-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Sounds like a great day. :cool:

ChipnDaleGal
06-22-2007, 02:22 PM
That sounds like a very interesting and beautiful park. I hope I can check it out someday. Thanks for sharing.

Chescat
06-22-2007, 06:17 PM
That's a great park, I haven't been there is a while. Its always fun to go there. :)

Next trip if you go, should try the San Diego Zoo. That is one of my favorite places to go. Those animals are so awesome in there. I loved the koalas and the pandas. They had a baby panda in there, I think he went back to China and then they had another one. I just want to hug those things.

ChipDale
06-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Sounds cool! :cool: So did you try some ostrich jerky? :D