PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Gushmore or not????

donsteele
05-21-2007, 10:10 AM
I am not a big rollercoster (drop) fan. To be honest big drops hurt me and I hate them.

I do love the Space Mountain kind of rides. Even Splash is cool. My kids really want me to go on Mt.G. Can someone convence this 40's something wimp to go on this slide. Will I like it or not.

SgtTigger
05-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Ok on the top of Mt. Gushmore they have 3 different things to do.....

Summit Plummet is a 120 foot high ski jump that you shoot down at speeds of 60-mph.

Slush Gusher is 90 foot high double-humped slide. The most common complaint you hear about these rides is from women who have "lost" the tops of their bathing suits from the speed and force of the drop.

Teamboat Springs is the world's longest family white-water raft ride. Three to six passengers can ride this not-so-tame 1,200-foot flume. I've been on this one with small children who squeal with glee as you twist and turn down the drop and I've also been on this ride with adults who were surprised by the speed and thrills of the ride. If you don't have enough riders in your group, the lifeguards will combine groups.

I dont do drops ether but I go up and do the raft ride. No big drops and the ride is nice and long...... Hope this helps......

:cop: :tigger:

ghost999
05-21-2007, 08:46 PM
you have to do it AT LEAST 1. now teamboat springs is fun and it really isn't that bad. :mickey:

Floridian Yeti
05-23-2007, 02:38 PM
I am not a big rollercoster (drop) fan. To be honest big drops hurt me and I hate them. <snip>
My kids really want me to go on Mt.G. Can someone convence this 40's something wimp to go on this slide. Will I like it or not.

I'm pretty brave, though a bit scared of heights (ok, I'm a 40-something wimp, too)...Summit Plummet is the only slide at WDW that I will not go on again :secret: (I too succumbed to teen peer pressure -- my kids hounded me, and once we got up there, how could I back out? If you chicken out, you have to do the Walk of Shame back down the steps and past everyone in line...).
The raft ride is great though...I'd suggest doing that for sure!