PDA

View Full Version : 2 home resorts

crazykids
05-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Looking into having 2 home resorts & I'm just trying to make sure I understand the rules, please let me know if this scenario is possible -

Say I own 200 points at BCV & 150 at OKW. Through one point transfer every year, if I transferred all points from one account to the other, could I feasibly have all points available to make a reservation at 11 months out at whichever resort I transferred to? Looking for the possiblity of having all points made available to make reservation 11 months out & alternating between resorts every other year. Any help is appreciated!

CarolMN
05-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Points retain their original home resort and use year, so no, you could not transfer points between your contracts to get around the booking rules. (In the past, MS was not very good about tracking such things and some members did succesfully do what you propose, but since MS resumed strictly enforcing the one transfer per year rule, they are much better about enforcing the booking rules as well).

I would be surprised if MS would even allow a member to transfer points between contracts owned by the same member - there is no reason to do so prior to the 7 month window opening unless he/she is booking a non-DVC option.

CarolMN
05-21-2007, 09:31 AM
You could get the 11 month booking window at each resort and alternate staying at the two resorts if you use banking and borrowing.

For example:

Bank OKW points, & borrow BCV points. Stay at BCV for 400 point reservation and make reservation at 11 months.

Next year, stay at OKW for 300 points reservation made at 11 months (Use points banked from last year and this year's OKW points). You have no BCV points this year (used them last year).

Repeat -