PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian options at Ohana?

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know if I can request vegetarian buffets at the WDW restaurants?

I'm planning a large family gathering, with all sorts of diets - including those who are/will be on medically restricted diets - and I'm trying to pick restaurants that will give us lots of options.

I was really interested in Ohana's or something near/in the MK.

Kairi_7378
05-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Allears has an interesting article where they review different restaurants in the World and say whether or not they are "veggie frieldly." (My best friend's term for a place where a vegitarian can eat more than just the bread.) I haven't been to O'hana myself because I was afraid that DH wouldn't be able to eat there but everyone at Intercot raves about it.

aprilisis
05-21-2007, 08:55 AM
I usually just ask when I get to O'Hana's & they give me a Vegetarian meal. I have never had a problem at any restaurant (besides the ones in AK) finding Vegetarian options. The buffets all have a million sides to choose from, but I have also gotten a Vegetarian meal made for me at one of the buffets. All of the chefs/servers are always very accommodating.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-21-2007, 10:54 AM
I just checked AllEars. Very helpful! Thanks so much.

I'm going to try to call the restaurants directly and ask what they can whip up. Some people say that they've had great experiences this way - with the chefs even coming up to the table during the meal to make sure everything was good.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Aprilisis - do you remember what the veggie meal at Ohana was like? Was it good?

poeticeclipse
05-21-2007, 11:54 AM
The vegetarian meal that my fiance and I were served last year was a great pasta dish will a very hot and spicy red sauce on the side. It had veggies and whole grain noodles. They also gave us a huge pitcher of soy sauce....mmmmmm......!:)

aprilisis
05-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Aprilisis - do you remember what the veggie meal at Ohana was like? Was it good?

I had the rice and veggies and I think some Mac & cheese. I really liked the rice & veggies, but it looks like they have scalloped potatoes now. I loved 1900 Park Faire at GF. I really liked the selection of food at Boma at AKL, too- there was a ton of vegetarian stuff. I could think of a million places that I love for food in WDW. Pretty much any place you go the chef will make you a meal based on your likes & dislikes. If you want, PM me & I can tell you more. :mickey: