PDA

View Full Version : Wildfires and fireworks!

kid@heartforever
05-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Hey Guy's!

I heard this morning that most of Florida is under red flag warnings for more wildfires. How will this affect the fireworks shows at Disney? We will be there on Friday to start our two weeks vacation. What a disappointment if we could not see fireworks!:(

kakn7294
05-21-2007, 08:44 AM
It is always a possibility that the fireworks shows could be pared down or canceled altogether depending on the wildfire risk assessed at WDW. We had exactly that happen during the wildfires in 1998. All fireworks shows were suspended until we arrived and brought torrential downpours with us.

Strmchsr
05-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Generally it's not a problem as the WDW fireworks are extremely well controlled. The only time it can be a problem is if the winds are high as high winds can blow fireworks and embers out of the "control" area and fan wildfires.

DizneyRox
05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
A few years ago, and I think it was for a couple years), they did cancel fireworks because of the wildfires. You could smell the smoke on property, so the fires were pretty close (sections of the beeline were shut down, etc).

So, yes, they can and will cancel fireworks depending on the situation.

The 4th of July just wasn't the same without fireworks! I'll say though, the lack of rain was a nice surprise that summer. We did get a thunderstorm during the vacation and that night they did have some fireworks. It was night to night though while we were there.