PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time or Hollywood & Vine

Magic Smiles
05-20-2007, 09:49 PM
I am trying to decide on some ADRs. This is new to us and eating is not a big part of our DIsney vacations. It takes up too much time, but since we are going in Dec this time we have decided to make a few ADRs. So far we have only decided for sure on the Chef Mickey's breakfast. Maybe 'Ohana Feast so that we can see the Electrical Magic Pagent. Originally I had planned on both 50's Prime Time and Hollywood & Vine, but now think that may be too many ADRs for us, even though we will be there for 16 nights. We are spur of the moment people for eating.
If you could only eat at one of the two, which would you pick and why?

tinksmom02
05-20-2007, 10:02 PM
You didn't say how old your kids are, if you have them. If they're pre-school age and into Playhouse Disney, for sure they would enjoy H&V. DD4 had a great time there in January.

Magic Smiles
05-20-2007, 10:12 PM
You didn't say how old your kids are, if you have them. If they're pre-school age and into Playhouse Disney, for sure they would enjoy H&V. DD4 had a great time there in January.

DS is 15.

SBETigg
05-20-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm not a fan of Hollywood and Vine or 50s Prime Time. If you have to pick one at MGM, Hollywood Brown Derby is the one to choose.

My kids are 16(DS) and 14(DD), and they do enjoy counter service over spending time at TS restaurants, so I know what you mean. But when we do TS, they enjoy San Angel Inn, Rose & Crown, Marrakesh, 'Ohana, and Teppanyaki. My daughter really loves Chefs de France, also, but it is not a favorite for my son.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-20-2007, 10:21 PM
I like H&V. But we've also been able to just walk up and get seated w/out ADR's. But there were only 2 of us and we ate very early that day.

Magic Smiles
05-20-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm not a fan of Hollywood and Vine or 50s Prime Time. If you have to pick one at MGM, Hollywood Brown Derby is the one to choose.

Unfortunately Hollywood Brown Derby does not have anything on the menu that I would eat, probably nothing DS would eat either. DH on the other hands eats anything. We were thinking about San Angel Inn as we like Mexican food, but I have since changed my mind to Marrakesh for the night of the Candlelight Processional.

LouRodriGIS
05-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Prime Time is our family's favorite TS restaurant of all 4 parks. We just like the theming and the food. We had a great experience our first time and it has stuck with us each trip.

Mickey91
05-20-2007, 10:56 PM
50's Prime Time. The theming is awesome. Just take a sense of humor with you. Your "aunt" will be your server and she will make you go wash your hands, keep your elbows off the table, no hats at the table etc.. They really have a good time playing "Mom" and telling you to eat your green vegies. The food is good old fashioned home cooking. Meatloaf, Fried Chicken, Pot Roast etc.. I have a family full of picky eaters and we loved 50's Prime Time!:mickey:

I'm with you. Though I would like to eat at the Hollywood Brown Derby, nothing on the menu looks edible.:ack:

tplmarc
05-21-2007, 03:36 AM
Sci Fi! I have only been to hollywood and vine it is very good all you can eat style!