PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember when....

stitch34
05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Anyone remember when Disney first introduced extra magic nights and you had to pay a small fee for your bracelet and you could actually walk on the rides and ride over and over again??? Man, do I miss those days.We did extra magic hours at MK and the lines were actually longer then during the day. Rides were even still using Fastpass which I'm pretty sure was not the case last year but I could be wrong. Needless to say I think they could do without fastpasses during these hours it just makes the stand-by line long and slow moving.

If you want my advice, go to the park with Night Extra magic hours during the day and avoid it after regular park hours. The lines were much shorter during the day.....OR maybe this was some fluke occassion I just don't know.

Ian
05-20-2007, 07:49 PM
They were actually called E-Ride Nights back then and yes ... they were (originally at least) far superior to what they have now.

But once people discovered them it was pretty crowded back then, too. I remember in the beginning, though, it would be a lot like having the place to yourself. Best ten bucks I ever spent!

#1donaldfan
05-20-2007, 08:08 PM
yeah, several years ago my sister used this option, had to pay 10 each, and they said it was great....virtualy by themselves in the park...that year we didn't do it, I guess our kids were too small......from that trip on, we have used the extra magic hours and at no charge.....even last year wasn't too, too bad, there were lines and it seemed that everyone had a bracelet on, we kept looking around and thought, man, everyone has a blue wrist band on, but the lines weren't too bad, I sure hope this June (late June) it's not as bad as you say....we may just opt for a dip in the pool.....

LudwigVonDrake
05-21-2007, 06:22 AM
I miss E-ride nights. The crowds were smaller and you were able to get to ride rides more than you do know. You used to be able to NOT get off the ride and keep riding :mickey:

jefmblrd
05-21-2007, 07:04 AM
We always took advantage of the e-ride nights at the MK. There were no lines and you could ride all of your favorites over and over again-sometimes you could just stay on the ride and keep going!

The other positive that came out of e-ride nights is you could concentrate on the other attractions at the park during the day, because you knew that you would be riding all the e-ticket attractions that night.