PDA

View Full Version : AKL standard vs. CBR

Lily
05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
So we have a trip coming up in September for 7 nights. To stay in a standard room overlooking the parking lot at AKL it is $551 more than CBR. Is it worth it? We will definately not be able to do more than that because of the $$$. What do you all think?

Lily
05-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Really? No comments at all?

Spaceship Tigger
05-21-2007, 07:19 AM
I would definitely go with the AKL if I had teh money. You can see animals all over the resort and at least people watch from a parking lot view. Also, standard rooms are some of the closest to the lobby area, and there's even a chance you may get a free upgrade there. The atmosphere of the entire resort is worth staying in, even if you don't have a savannah view. I would defnitely take it over the spread out layouts of the moderates any time.

Momof2boys
05-21-2007, 01:00 PM
We stayed at CBR in October 05 and really enjoyed the resort. But to us, we prefer the deluxe resorts. We're staying at AKL this October in a pool view room.

If you're undecided, you could always do a split stay.

Lily
05-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Thank you so much for the replies! It really helps. I wanted to be sure it was worth it.

Thanks again!
Sue

MizMissy
05-21-2007, 06:27 PM
I made the same decision recently. We stayed at a Moderate (POFQ) last year when I went with a friend and LOVED it, but I wanted to try a new resort this year. I decided on CS because of the pool. But, when they announced free dining this year, I decided to take the "savings" and apply it to a deluxe - I let my kids and husband choose between AKL and Wilderness Lodge. We went with AKL.

I'm still a bit uncertain about whether the location of AKL is convenient enough, but I thought this was too good of an opportunity. I can't imagine that I will regret it. It looks like a fabulous resort.

Crow
05-21-2007, 09:32 PM
no
i had parking lot view twice:ack:
the lobby is impressive. gift shop nice. Boma n Jiko ok
but WL will always win me.
and for the $500 i would stay w CBR.. i liked it. its not a deluxe but its more centrally located

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-22-2007, 12:45 PM
The only other factor I could think of would be how much time your planning on spending in the resort. If your going to be spending a lot of time in the parks the extra money to me would not be worth it. Atmosphere is a plus but if your not going to be there to enjoy it very much what good does it do you?

tink'72
05-22-2007, 12:53 PM
We have stayed at both resorts , by mistake. I am and will always be a die hard AKL fan. We've stayed there many times with a Savannah View. However, last year I messed up our reservations. I gave the wrong check out date at AKL and when I tried to extend our stay they were booked....needless to say I was not happy. The only place with availability was the Coronoda so I took it. I was never so pleased I made a mistake in my life. We pulled up the the CS and was not impressed. I liked to store, lobby was nice but it was no AKL. BUT once we drove in and went to our
room we loved it! The pool was great, the grounds were beautiful and they have a golf cart sort of thing to drive you from place to place if you don't want to walk.

For $500.00 less I would stay at the Coronado. I know when we go back we will!

WDWgoofy
05-23-2007, 07:41 PM
These are our two most favorite resorts at WDW, so you cannot make a wrong choice, both are great.

I say pick the one that you want...if you can afford the AKL, then stay there, but if money is an issue or the extr cost will shorten the trip then I say stay at CBR.