PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so excited

#1donaldfan
05-20-2007, 04:20 PM
We've been several times and while there, try to never miss a thing.....with that, why do I look so forward to coming back, and when the days countdown gets within 30 or so, I'm ready to pack and "travel on". We start looking at past trips pics, travel guides, post cards, pretty much anything in reference to Disney. Am I the only one who is this crazed for anything Disney???????

Speedy1998
05-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Nope. I think everyone who visits intercot regularly is just like you.

BrerSchultzy
05-20-2007, 04:34 PM
No...you're not the only one. In fact, you've stumbled across an entire online community of people who not only love to think about Disney...they love to tell the world about Disney. Welcome to the Magic!

#1donaldfan
05-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Well, I'm glad to see I'm not crazy, yes I'm Disney crazy, but I guess that's OK.....at least I don't know of any groups or medications for this illness.....do any of you think of after retirement working for Disney in one capacity or another???? Now that is crazy, right????

k_reile
05-20-2007, 05:23 PM
hahaha...thats funny...have you seen the posts on this website...everyone is disney crazy!!:mickey:

kathiep
05-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I think crazy is preparing for your Sept 2007 trip and already trying to decide whether to stay at the CR in 2008 or whether or not to try a partial cruise/MK trip.

#1donaldfan
05-20-2007, 08:01 PM
ummmm....did that last year, trying to figure a cruise / park visit.....just seemed like I was cheating on the parks, so we decided to just do the parks....I suppose I'm a creature of habit and I just stick with what I know and like.....just a few minutes ago we were again talking about next year '08 getting ALL the family to do a cruise / park gathering...if that happens what a gathering it would be, we'd have to reserve an entire dinning room......

jenperich
05-20-2007, 08:14 PM
I still have 187 days left and I'm SOOOO excited!!! I'm driving my boyfriend crazy. I just wish that he could be in my head, so he would understand why I love WDW so much. It's just the most magical place in the world. So, I can't wait to show it to him!

tinksmom02
05-20-2007, 08:19 PM
I think we're all Disney-certified here :mickey: I'm excited because DH had a few :beer: :marg: tonight and was therefore unable to run away from me while I babbled on about our Sept plans! :) His defenses were down and I took full advantage! :secret:

LoriMistress
05-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Everyone on this site has the Disney Addiction.

Zippy_D_DooDah
05-20-2007, 08:35 PM
111 Days for us. Just ordered some new shirts for the entire family from DisneyShopping the other night. We are packed and ready. Just gotta get through May, June, July, and August. Crazy?... Yeah. Obsessed? Wouldn't have it any other way.

RockChalkKimball
05-20-2007, 09:45 PM
I just finished watching the Travel Channel - Behind the Scenes. It had all of the new attractions since the last time I was there. We are going back over the holidays and I get more excited every day. And, I don't "dream" about working at WDW when I retire, it is a definite plan for me!!!

battle beast
05-20-2007, 10:00 PM
You are excited :woohoo: :stitch: because you are going to Disney World! Everyone gets excited! It's not just you! :thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
05-20-2007, 10:10 PM
We still have 198 days until we arrive in WDW and we are always talking about it. I just wish I knew someone else who was as crazy about DIsney as our family is. Someone that is, that lives near by and so we could get together and talk Disney. All our friends think we are crazy for sure.

katzctkpt
05-20-2007, 10:14 PM
:thumbsup: Hey RockChalkKimball my husband says the same thing about working there when he retires. He's 39 and says he's going there to work after retirement. He still has a few years before that happens. We are leaving in 32 days 13:45 hours and seconds!!!! now that is disney crazy:party:

Hog Wild
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
It's not just you! This year alone we were able to get to WDW 4 times! And our annual pass year isn't up until October!!

There's just something adictive about Disney!!

tplmarc
05-21-2007, 04:08 AM
i am the same way I have a week left til i go and i am freaking out i am so excited

LudwigVonDrake
05-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Everyone here feels the same way as you :tink:

kid@heartforever
05-21-2007, 08:26 AM
If you are " Disney crazed" this is the site for you!!!:D My family and I are the same way. We love everything from the smell's at the parks to just the feeling you get when you walk through the gates. We go every year, but we never seem to get enough!

irish1967
05-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Well, I'm glad to see I'm not crazy, yes I'm Disney crazy, but I guess that's OK.....at least I don't know of any groups or medications for this illness.....do any of you think of after retirement working for Disney in one capacity or another???? Now that is crazy, right????

Nope, not crazy - working for Disney after retirement is definitely on my goal list (and I am the sanest person I know!)

BashfulMom
05-22-2007, 03:22 PM
I think we're all Disney-certified here :mickey: I'm excited because DH had a few :beer: :marg: tonight and was therefore unable to run away from me while I babbled on about our Sept plans! :) His defenses were down and I took full advantage! :secret:

Maybe I should try this approach with my DH.:)

Laughin' place
05-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Welcome to a place where your "obsession" is more than ok, its normal. We are about 13 months from our next trip, and I still think about it every day. I find that setting aside just a few minutes each day to keep some "Disney in my life" helps make the wait tolerable, and generally makes me happier. Have a great trip:mickey:

Dickson Thunder
05-22-2007, 03:52 PM

Why wait for retirement? I'm semi-seriously considering relocating to the Orlando area where
we could go and visit when we wanted. My daughter would love to work there and I would work part-time.

:blush:

Donald A
05-22-2007, 04:19 PM
The planning and the memories are part of it. Looking through a vacation scrapbook and discussing different trips is why I vacation. I am not going to Disney again until January but I still like getting on here and discussing it. All this is about as good as the actual trip and that is why I think it is worth it to spend money on a Disney vacation.

Brooklynos
05-22-2007, 09:58 PM
I thought I was excited about our Sept 07 trip before. It is our first time at a deluxe and AKL at that. My husband has always wanted to stay there. But now my Brother in law and his girlfriend is going with us too!!! I can't wait! It will be soooo much fun plus some now! :D Plus I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets such joy out of planning trips..

Mickey91
05-22-2007, 11:36 PM
I think crazy is preparing for your Sept 2007 trip and already trying to decide whether to stay at the CR in 2008 or whether or not to try a partial cruise/MK trip.
We are definitely on the same wave length. We are trying to figure out if we can swing either a stay at CR or the Land and Sea Cruise in '08. We are also going in Sept '07! 113 days!:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-23-2007, 01:59 AM
We are all Disney crazy here:secret: :thumbsup:

DawnluvsEeyore
05-23-2007, 07:05 AM
My dad gave me the love of Disney when I was a child. We went every year from '77 til the year I got married in '86. Our very last family vacation was Thanksgiving '86 and then I got married in Dec. I gave my son the love of Disney a few years ago when I took him for the first time. Dh went once when he was 6 and doesn't "get" it. HOWEVER, we're going for the first time as a family next Aug and I'm hoping and praying that he finds the love of Disney while we are there and wants to go back again and again and again......:mickey:

I'm already freaking out about our trip and I still have a year to wait! :D

Juniorunc2001
05-23-2007, 09:52 AM
That is what makes Intercot great - everything is thinking the same way!

bleukarma
05-23-2007, 10:00 AM
I don’t plan on working there when I retire, I plan on retiring from Disney!!!

That is why I love this site, everybody gets it! I don’t have to explain my Disney crazy on this site! It’s a good feeling!

Stu29573
05-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Consider this site a "support group" for Disney fanatics.... I was crushed when we had to move our trip from this summer, but I'm already planning the rescheduled trip and getting pumped about it! By the way, a teacher I work with is planning on moving there after next year to semi-retire and work there, so it's not crazy at all....I'm even thinking about it in about 10 years or so....:D

KAJUNKING
05-23-2007, 03:29 PM
weve got like 115 days left and we are ready to start packing already, its driving us crazy :mickey:

WLD4
05-24-2007, 11:01 AM
do any of you think of after retirement working for Disney in one capacity or another???? Now that is crazy, right????

My husband didn't wait until retirement! We've been here about a year, and it's the ideal life for a Disney-obsessed family. We're there at least once a week. We can go to all of the Flower Power concerts, eat at all of the restaurants, ride our favorite rides whenever we want to, or just sit and people watch. If it's been more than a week since our last visit, we're all saying "I miss Disney"! Living here is magical. :mickey:

MickeyandTink
05-24-2007, 11:05 AM
weve got like 115 days left and we are ready to start packing already, its driving us crazy :mickey:

Me too!!:crazy:

120 days, 22 hours and 13 minutes, according to the countdown clock.

chernabog2
05-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi! To #1Donaldfan and everyone else who has talked about retirement; I would LOVE to take a part time job at WDW after retirement, whether it would be the old guy shaking your hand as you come to the Grand Floridian, or the guy following after the horses on Main Street. My wife says that she would happily sew names on the mouse ears after we retire. Yeah, we're a little crazy, but Disney crazy is OK. By the way, we have a friend who left a six figure job to fulfil his dream of working as a Cast Member at WDW - and started from the bottom. Now that might be pushing it, but I don't know....:mickey:

MsMin
05-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Funny I thought about retiring down there too. They don't have jobs in my field.

septembergirl
05-27-2007, 04:22 PM

:funny:

ojeilatan
05-27-2007, 07:33 PM
I feel exactly the same way as you, and I have never even been yet! We are down to five days, and my entire family is in a frenzy. My dad went to the store to get meat and cheese for sandwhiches, and came back with Mickey shaped cheddar slices. :D

HereWeGO
05-28-2007, 06:57 AM
I think we're all singing from the same song sheet here!
My wife and I live in the UK, so it's not cheap for us to get there, but ANY time we get amount of money large enough, we go straight to the travel agent and book a 2 week WDW holiday (and we use every last penny we have!).

This becomes a little crazy when we only live in a little 1-bedroom flat, can't afford a car, need new furniture, plumbing, home improvements etc.
And the next time we get enough money? We wouldn't even think twice about it- Disneyworld please!!!! :pixie::chipdale::balloon:

And yes we're old enough to know better- which is why we go to Disneyworld! I'm sure you guys understand us completely.

Mrs.Mya
05-28-2007, 02:46 PM
And yes we're old enough to know better- which is why we go to Disneyworld! I'm sure you guys understand us completely.[/QUOTE]

I definitely know what you are talking about. There are so many :ack:"practical" things that we could buy or pay off. The $2200.00 that I have paid so far (and more to pay off) on our Nov. 07 trip could be put towards other stuff, but hey, I have my priorities right !! :thumbsup: My impending trips to Disney are my sanity !! :cheer::pilgram::turkey: