View Full Version : Jammin Jungle parade

septembergirl
05-20-2007, 04:08 PM
1. Where is a good place to view it?
2. How long is it?
3. Shoud we skip it?

DizneyRox
05-20-2007, 04:59 PM
I've always thought AK does a good parade. I was a fan of March of the ARTimals as well. I think it's worth going to see at least once. It's your typical Disney parade, with an AK twist. I like the music too, it's pretty catchy.

The only problem is staying at the park to see it. We love AK so it's not a problem, but to many, AK is still a 1/2 day park, and staying around till 3 or 4pm is really dragging out the day.

TiggerRPh
05-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I would say stay for it if you haven't seen it but honestly....of the Disney parades....this one is my least favorite. We generally skip it....mainly because we're usually done by early afternoon and it's just not worth sticking around for.

biodtl
05-20-2007, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't skip it. It may not as high tech or "magical" as some of the others, but it's unique and fits AK perfectly.

MickeyDreamer
05-20-2007, 08:47 PM
We found a great place to watch the parade this spring when we where there. In the Asia section there is one of the patio's next to the river. You can see the parade as it comes over the bridge and take some great pictures. Then the parade passes right in front of you after it rounds the corner so you get to see the floats you like best twice. There where only about 8 other people on this patio with us so it was nice plus you had seating to enjoy the parade in as it went by.

Beast_fanatic
05-20-2007, 10:05 PM
I love this parade. The music is so much fun. I watched from the bridge headed into Africa at the parade's start and then I watched it again from just outside Kilimanjaro Safaris. Once it was gone, I headed onto the safari and got on the last ride of the day. The animals were quite active as they know it's almost time to go in for the evening (I even saw the male lion).

What-r-ya, Goofy?
05-21-2007, 04:50 PM
It’s a fun parade to watch. I agree that it is hard to hang out at AK long enough to catch it. That’s probably the reason most people you talk with haven’t see the parade.

We worked around the timing problem by seeing the parade on one of our “take it easy” days. If I remember right, we slept in that day, hung out at the pool for a while, and then headed over to AK for the parade and an early dinner at the Rain Forest Café.

It was a nice relaxing way to spend the day and a good way to beat the dinner crowd at the Rain Forest Café.
:mickey:

Disney Doll
05-21-2007, 05:54 PM
It's a cute parade. We don't watch it every time, but I would definitely try to see it at least once. Try to get a spot near the beginning of the parade route. The park is about ready to close after the parade so if you view from the end of the parade route, you get stuck in a mass exodus of people trying to leave.

DISNEYFIX
05-21-2007, 05:59 PM
We will be seeing again this year and have a reservation at Boma for 5:30. Should be perfect timing. They do a nice job.
Chris

Pop Centurion
05-21-2007, 07:23 PM
We watched it for the first time last year and I was mad I didn't see it sooner. We got a great spot just outside of the Tusker House (which will unfortunately be closed) It was a perfect location as quit a few characters came close and shook our hands. I agree it's not high tech but definitely fun & worth watching.

dumbo ears
05-21-2007, 09:35 PM
skip it and ride EE!!!!:thumbsup:

Gator
05-22-2007, 01:42 AM
It's really good. Just DON'T sit near the Beastly Bazaar. It's one of the few spots in the parks where people can smoke. Kind of takes away from outdoorsy feel and fresh air.

joelkfla
05-22-2007, 08:23 AM
It runs thru Africa twice -- comes out of Africa, makes the loop around the park, and then heads back in the same place it came out. So if you get back from Safari and the parade's just leaving Africa, just hang around and it will be back in 20 minutes or so; or you can walk towards Asia and intercept it on its way back. Most people leave after the first time thru, so it's easier to find front-row spots the second time thru in Africa.

milhouse
05-22-2007, 10:09 AM
It's a fun parade. We watched it from in front of Asia and then we jumped on EE right after with no line.

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2007, 10:41 AM
It is my all time favorite daytime parade!! Really happy music, colorful floats and large animal puppets. I have to see it at least once per trip. :thumbsup: