PDA

View Full Version : CBR - What is difference between preferred and standard?

merhon2
05-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Since I have booked a trip to disney the last time, they have added a new category to the rooms. I am looking at the CBR and have choices of water, preferred and standard.

The water and preferred would cost an extra $180.00 for the trip.

The standard and preferred have the same description on the disney site. It still says it could be a parking lot view.

What does preferred do? Will it keep us from being in one of the rooms that is far from the food court?

HELP:confused:

rnin02
05-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Preferred rooms are in Martinique (sp?) and Trinidad North (I think its north anyway) and they are the closest islands to the food court, main pool, etc. If you don't want to pay extra you can request a room at Jamaica or Aruba and hope you get it...those two islands are just across the bridge from OPR and its a beautiful scenic walk.

disney100%
05-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Preferred rooms are in Martinique (sp?) and Trinidad North (I think its north anyway) and they are the closest islands to the food court, main pool, etc. If you don't want to pay extra you can request a room at Jamaica or Aruba and hope you get it...those two islands are just across the bridge from OPR and its a beautiful scenic walk.

I couldn't agree more. My family loves Aruba. The walk across the lake is always nice. Personally, I wouldn't pay more for the preferred room, but we do not have anyone that would have difficulty walking the extra distance to OPR. But, if you arrive and they have you booked in South Trinidad, I would definitely request a change. We love CBR, but South Trinidad was so far from everything.

fatboy
05-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Distance to Old Port Royale(food court). That is it. We love CBR been there 4 times. With little ones I always pay the extra. Without them anywhere is good. Trinidad South is a little ways though. Maybe a 7-10 minute walk.