PDA

View Full Version : DVC at Contemporary

dolphinmickey9170
05-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Just got back yesterday and talked with DVC cast members at preview center and they are buildng DVC villas at the Contemporary. I wonder what kind of theme they will have, to bad they can't put the monorail through that one. But maybe a mini version running inside just for looks.

Ian
05-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Yeah, that rumor's been out there for some time.

I'm surprised anyone would "confirm" it for you, though. The last DVC CM I talked to a few weeks back said they probably wouldn't release anything on what they're doing at the Contemporary for at least the next 12 months. Something to do with some Florida real estate law or something.

Anyway, I haven't seen the latest artist renderings, but I'd assume it will be connected to the main building like the wing was, so that's how you get to the monorail.

pshokie
05-20-2007, 02:14 PM
We went to the DVC pitch at the SSR last week, and boh the driver of the van and gentleman from the DVC were both uttering "non denial denials".

You know, the we can neither confirm nor deny any rumors regarding that location. We did get one, but I bet it sells fast comment though.

I realize why they are saying nothing, especially since AKV is not even truely "open" yet (that is, none one has stayed here yet). But is seems kinda pathetic when you think about it. Huge construction project, massive rumors, and everyone who goes to MK can see it and goes "Whats that??????"

DisneyJen26
05-21-2007, 12:52 PM
It's funny, we were at MK on Saturday (our last day) and were riding the monorail and noticed that they knocked down one of the wings. I said to my husband there have been rumors for awhile about DVC coming to the Contemporary. Maybe it's true! :)

wedway fan
05-21-2007, 02:02 PM
seems to be the worst kept secret at WDW- our last stay at the CR 4 years ago, we talked with a DVC rep at a booth there who mentioned even then that there was talk about turning one of the garden wings into a DVC resort. makes complete sense- a DVC resort on the monorail line would be a huge seller.

DisneyGiant
05-21-2007, 09:26 PM
Yes, when I purchased my DVC points, the rumor was alive and well. As you can see from my signature - we love the Contemporary - and I was tempted to wait to buy there.

Thank goodness I didn't wait for them to be built - I'd have to pay over $25 more a point. That would have been over $7000 more than what I paid!!!

tplmarc
05-22-2007, 02:47 AM
Yeah like the original is an A frame building the DVC is going to be a C frame. But it is 100% going to be the next DVC along with the AK Lodge.

DVCWDWMEMBER
05-22-2007, 12:30 PM
We were also aware of the possibility of a DVC at the Contemporary. It sure would be great to be able to stay there too. We love to bounce around as many of the resorts as we can. Looking forward to it.

NewmanFamily6
05-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Wow-I sure hope it is a true rumor:mickey: I have always wanted to stay there but it would have been too expensive for 6 of us. I love DVC:cloud9:

MaizeNBrew
05-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Assuming the rumour is true (and I've heard it for a long time) I believe it will be the fastest selling DVC resort ever. Probably dramatically faster. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even existing DVC member pre-sale because they wouldn't need to.

pshokie
05-22-2007, 04:13 PM
I have a question on this....All theoretical of course.;)

Given the cuurrent state of the "site", IF there was to be a DVC at the Contemporary, when would it go on sale? Again, theoretically.

I realize nothing is official, but we are fence sitters on the DVC right now. If this is something that may open up in say 12 to 24 months, we may wait.

All I can offer for as any kind of reference/starting point is to ask when did AKV go on sale? Initial rooms open this Nov/Dec, but the separate DVC building is not opening until next year.

FiggyFan
05-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even existing DVC member pre-sale because they wouldn't need to.

You are probably right that they wouldn't need to, but I expect that they will pre-sell to DVC members. I can't imagine Disney bypassing 100,000+ prime customers who have already bought DVC - some several times (like me :blush:)!

Ian
05-26-2007, 09:21 AM
I have a question on this....All theoretical of course.;)

Given the cuurrent state of the "site", IF there was to be a DVC at the Contemporary, when would it go on sale? Again, theoretically.When I mentioned to one of the DVC kiosk guys that we were thinking about waiting until Contemporary started selling before buying in, he told me that "if" they were to do something at Contemporary it would be a few years before they started selling.

The whole reason they moved AKL up is because SSR is selling out as fast as it is. They're actually converting existing hotel rooms from AKL into DVC so they have something to sell while they wait for the new building to be built.

That AKL property isn't slated to open until 2009, so this guy indicated to me it would most likely be no earlier than late 2009/early 2010 before they could "possibly" sell DVC at the Contemporary.