PDA

View Full Version : Imagineering FIeld Guides

DisneyDude1977
05-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Last time that DW and I were at WDW, were were shopping at DTD Marketplace, and I bought the Imagineering Field Guide to EPCOT and the one for the Magic Kingdom. I now have found that there is an Imagineering Field Guide for the AK. Does anyone know if there are plans for Field Guides for MGM, DTD, and the resorts?

p.s.---Sorry if I put this thread in the wrong section. I wasn't sure where to put it!

JPL
05-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I know they are planning to make for each of the parks. I am not sure If they plan to make books for other areas of the resort. I know Disneyland is suppose to come or may already be out.

DisneyDude1977
05-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the information! I look forward to reading the AK field guide, and hope that an MGM guide is published. It would most definitely be interesting to read an Imagineering Field Guide for DTD and the resorts as well.

Squeaky Mouse
05-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I'd love to hear some feedback on the AK guide. I bought the previous two and enjoyed them, although I can't say that I learned anything new from them.

SignguyTom
05-21-2007, 08:00 PM
The one for AK is available on Amazon.com for $9.95. I found it by searching for 'Imagineering Field Guide'

wdwnomad
05-21-2007, 10:33 PM
I saw the AK one in Borders over the weekend. I am pretty sure it just came out in the past month or so. Using history as a guide the next one, whatever one that may be, will probably come out around a year from now. Epcot came out last year around this time and MK came out the year before that.

DizneyRox
05-22-2007, 07:37 AM
I don't think anything has been released yet in terms of an official announcement. The writeup on the AK guide in the DVC Vacation Magic only indicates the DIsneyland one coming in 2008. It honestly wouldn't surprise me to find out if they stopped the guides without doing one for MGM. They do this all the time.

I do hope that one comes out, even I consider though MGM is by far the least enjoyable park, it does deserve to be included. It would be a shame if they dropped the series.

Diznee4Me
05-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Received a copy of the AK guide this weekend and I have already finished it.:thumbsup:

If you liked the other books you'll like this one. I actually learned a few new things.:D

A couple in particular - even the shops have themes, but I never noticed. In one of the shops in particular each room is themed to a particular animal trait - swimming animals, spotted/striped animals, etc. Another cool detail is tables at the Flametree Barbecue, the ones under the pavillion next to the lake. The tables highlight the circle of life. Large carnivores are carved into the back of the chair, you/me/we sit in the chair, and the things that fall beneath us are engraved on the table - showing the progression of the food chain!:D

Also the guy who sends you on your mission back in time in DINOSAUR! is named Grant Seeker. I had never caught that!

Again, a lot of info on a really cool park. I have always been an AK fan but this book gave me a lot of new things to look for on my next trip!:mickey:

DisneyDude1977
05-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the info. on the AK book! I, too, love the park, and am excited about picking the book and learning a few new things.