PDA

View Full Version : Little Mermaid

jenperich
05-19-2007, 11:20 PM
As I sit here and watch The Little Mermaid, I really am having a hard time waiting for my trip to WDW in November. I have a while to wait, so I better find a way to deal. But, I am SO looking forward to seeing The Little Mermaid Show. Does anyone else share my love for this show at MGM? The music gets me every time. :music: :cloud9:

snifflesmcg
05-19-2007, 11:34 PM
I remember seeing a "Coming Soon in 1993" poster in MGM in 1989 and was so disappointed I wouldn't see it until then. Fast forward 12 years and I saw The Little Mermaid show for the first time and fell in love. As you can probably tell....Ariel is my favorite Disney character. I have two months less than you and I can barely handle it....I have no clue how you do it.

CaptSmee
05-20-2007, 12:17 AM
It's a very well done show that we see every trip.

Nini
05-20-2007, 01:24 AM
Oooohhhhh!! I absolutely LOVE the beginning part with the puppets and "Under the Sea". It's one of my favorite things in all of Disney World - I only wish it were longer!

We're going in Nov. too! Only 191 days!!

Denise :mickey:

gueli
05-20-2007, 06:08 AM
I hope to share the love that all of you have for this show- Its been around 7 years since I went to WDW, and now have a DD who is 5. She loves aerial.
So I take it that the show is good...Now I cant wait for our september adventure to begin...
:thumbsup:

prttynpnk
05-20-2007, 07:20 AM
I don't know why we always skipped this show until our last trip- now I think we'll have to see it each time. We just loved it!

kakn7294
05-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Ariel's my fav too - I love this show! Can't wait until August!

dolphinmickey9170
05-20-2007, 09:08 AM
This is too funny, but I love the water and bubble effects. However, last week we sat in the front row, not the 4 sea, Its by themselves but the complete row, and we got hit with large drops of water when the mist was flying. I guess there was too much water at the end of the misters, but we got a real shower. It was quite refreshing, but it scared me, I wasn't expecting it.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-20-2007, 12:03 PM
We love it too. :cloud9:

TiggerRPh
05-20-2007, 06:36 PM
I still like the show...but not as much as in the past. The show keeps getting shorter....it was better a few years ago.

We still go to it but it's not as good as it used to be.

Spaceship Tigger
05-21-2007, 07:04 AM
I really like the opening "Under the Sea" with the fish puppets, but the rest really isn't that exciting to me.

beksy
05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Its our favorite show at Disney! I love the underwater effects. :thumbsup: My DF (who can sleep through a dentist appt) says that it is also a great place to catch a quick nap in the middle of the day when he's hot and tired! I've always been too involved in the show to see how he could do it, but when he's awake for it, he loves it, too! :confused:

Wells
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
I still like the show...but not as much as in the past. The show keeps getting shorter....it was better a few years ago.

We still go to it but it's not as good as it used to be.

Yeah, I think you are right, we went last year and I thought it was shorter than our previous trips. I seem to remember more laser effects, King Trinton's trident, and a longer final scene.
Also there was a different pre-show.

Rosanne
05-21-2007, 02:07 PM
I absolutely LOVE this show. However, I always feel like I'm dragging everyone else there.

And it is the MOST amazing theater to go into during the worst heat!

DawnluvsEeyore
05-21-2007, 08:10 PM
We (my 15 year old ds and his 16 year old cousin) went to see The Little Mermaid last summer. I sort of 'forced' them to see it since it was so hot outside. We LOVED it! :mickey: We will definitely have to go again next summer. We're headed back to the World in Aug '08.

BTW, Kathy...we LOVE the Steelers too! :thumbsup:

disneymom2000
05-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I always make a point of seeing this because I love the light show and the feeling that you really are under water, but last time we waited almost an hour in line to get in only to get in our seats to have them let us know that the show was cancelled. I can't wait to get back there this year and see it again.

PirateLover
05-22-2007, 12:00 AM
The Little Mermaid is one of my favorite movies and I love all of the songs. The musical numbers in Voyage are done very well, but on the whole I find this show to be a poor representation of the movie and I think that Ariel & Co. deserve better treatment.

AdventurerKim
05-22-2007, 11:46 AM
I never miss this show! It is one of my favorite shows and favorite Disney movies of all time! My mom and I usually see this while my dad and DH are on RnRC.

mook3y
05-22-2007, 11:49 AM
We have only seen the show once, but for our family it is an instant hit. It is on our MUST DO list for this year!

The quality of Disney shows never fail to impress us, but this show goes above and beyond.:thumbsup:

Figgyluv03
05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
I love that show and I sometimes find myself sneaking onto YouTube just to watch the show to get in my fix. Nothing compares to the live show though!

2Epcot
05-22-2007, 02:13 PM
We also skipped this attraction the first couple of times to MGM. When we finally did see it, we loved it, and make a point to see it each time.