PDA

View Full Version : Sarotoga/Beach Club Solo Adventure -10 to 18 May

DisneyEpcotDad
05-19-2007, 05:35 PM
My third solo adventure to Disney World. First time at Saratoga. After having my February 07trip cancelled at the last second due to a snow/ice storm, I looked forward to this trip.

On the flight down I did see the haze of smoke from wild fires in northern Florida.

I only had to wait about 12 minutes before our Magical Express bus arrived. As we stepped outside I did not smell any aroma of smoke. It took about 45 minutes to reach Saratoga after 2 stops.

I really enjoyed Saratoga for the 4 nights I spent there. Room was great! Studio room with microwave, refrigerator, and DVD/CD player. I was in the Grandstand area and it being off-season I seemed to have one corner to the third floor all to myself. The balcony overlooked the golf course. I wasn't far from the Grandstand area pool and I enjoyed the jacuzzi every morning I was there. The parking lot being basically empty, I used the area as my personal quarter mile jogging path.

My second day at Saratoga, before my morning jog, I did smell the aroma of smoke from the wildfires. But, up until my 7th night the smell did not return. The Turf Club Restaraunt at Saratoga served good food and I visited it twice for lunch/dinner.

I spent the first 3 days mostly enjoying the Saratoga resort and catching a couple of movies at Pleasure Island. On the day before Mother's Day I took advantage of the Spa at Saratoga and tried my first "Gentleman's facial" followed by a 50 minute massage. Definitely a way to start a relaxing day.

This was my most leisurely tour of the DW theme parks ever. I noticed more of the colors of various buildings and finally after 15 years visited Tom Sawyer's Island in MK! The weather was rain free except for a few sprinkles one afternoon as I was leaving the Marketplace. I did Boma's for Breakfast and Dinner, but otherwise I was spontaneous in my eating habits. I did make my pilgrimage to the pastry shop in France in World Showcase. When I switched to the Beach Club to close out my stay, I of course enjoyed Beaches and Cream.

Crowds were light most of the time I was there. As always I enjoyed Epcot. The Tomb Warriors exhibit at China in World Showcase is pretty impressive. The exit area at Spaceship Earth is taking shape slowly and provides some interactive activities.

At MGM I revisited Fantasmic which I had not seen since probably 1999 or so.

The flower and garden exhibits at Epcot were very colorful as always. A relaxing and slow paced trip.:yay:

Checkers
05-19-2007, 09:05 PM
:mickey: Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing time and my mouth is watering for the pastries in the French bakery!

pdrlkr
05-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Belle's Mom
05-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow! Solo, huh? I cannot imagine, although I would love to some day...:blush:

BelleCiavo
05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
What a relaxing trip. Congratulations on making it to Tom Sawyer Island :thumbsup:, I hope to make it into Hall of Presidents one day (after 20 years of visits :blush: )

Karen :mickey:

Jimenyfan
05-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Sounds like you had a nice relaxing time. We've been thinking about trying out Saratoga Springs the studio sounds great.

Bethis26fan
05-20-2007, 04:47 PM
thanks for sharing.

ElenitaB
05-20-2007, 09:19 PM
What a nice, slow-paced trip! I'm jealous! But seriously, glad to hear you had such a nice time.

pogo
05-21-2007, 07:04 AM
This sounded like a very relaxing trip.:cloud9:

Thanks for sharing. :D

Bethanymouse
05-21-2007, 07:06 AM
What a way to see the World! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the massage! Thanks for sharing.:D

faline
05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the details on your resort! What a nice, relaxed pace you had on this trip!

ChipnDaleGal
05-22-2007, 08:53 AM
What a wonderful and relaxing week you had. I am glad to hear that the smoke didn't bother you very much during your stay. Thanks for sharing your week with us. :mickey:

January-2007
05-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the report! So glad you had such a relaxing vacation, that's needed every once in a while I'd say!