PDA

View Full Version : how many rides/shows in one day

mrs.jacksparrow
05-19-2007, 04:49 PM
:mickey: Hi,
Without going comando style, how many rides and shows can we expect to get in at a park (mostly MK) during OCT. I read the wait times for some rides etc. and it seems like if you are waiting an hour even with fast pass four or five rides and maybe a show is all you are going to get in if you want to breath and eat.... Is that about right????
I just don't want to have too high expectations and feel like we missed something we really wanted to do. Is a top 5 list a good goal or can we go with a top 10 :fingers:

Scott C
05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
In october closer to ten than five

19 days and counting
Scott C

Guya103
05-19-2007, 08:55 PM
We always go in July (VERY BUSY) and get at least 15 done in a day with four kids and take our time enjoying all the little things along the way. In October, you should have no problem getting at least 10 if not more done in one day. HAVE A BLAST!:mickey:

Speedy1998
05-19-2007, 09:26 PM
In Oct you should not have too much of a hard time. Even in July the thing you have to remeber is only the top attractions that are slow loaders have hour plus waits. Older attractions, shows and fast loading attractions usually have waits of less than 30 min or so minutes.

Another thing to keep in mind is that often the preshow for a a show or ride is a show itself. For example the preshow for the muppets 3D is almost as good as the actual show.

Another trick for seeing more things is to be there when the park opens. If you are there when the gates open you can see all the attractions in one of the lands before there are any crowds. Since we have had kids we usually get there for opening and do all of Fantasyland before the crowds get bad.

tlhewitt52
05-19-2007, 10:06 PM
If you are staying on Disney Property and use EMH in the morning you should be in good shape, my family of four me, DH and 2DS 2 and 5 made it through Fantasy land in one hour before the rides got long most of them were walk on's. So if you use your EMH right you can probably actually do 15 and enjoy the day we always ate a CS and TS plus character autographs and the parades as well!!!

CaptSmee
05-20-2007, 12:27 AM
:mickey:
I just don't want to have too high expectations and feel like we missed something we really wanted to do. Is a top 5 list a good goal or can we go with a top 10 :fingers:

5 rides? We are done riding our first 5 by 10 am usually! Plan your attack, arrive early and enjoy riding many, many rides. We end up riding 25-30 depending on the time of year/crowds (yes, that includes re-rides of our favorites!).

My biggest rule of thumb is that we will not queue up if the posted wait is longer than 30 minutes. We move on, fastpass, and return.

4fordisney
05-20-2007, 02:44 AM
October should present you with lighter crowds, so I'd say, based on my October experiences, that you should be able to comfortably do pretty much all you want in a day. We usually are able to do all the rides we want, have a TS lunch or dinner and still catch the fireworks. I'd say it depends on when you get to the park (we have never made it to rope drop) and whether you spend all day or return to your resort for a break. Have a plan, but don't worry if things rapidly go south. Smart use of the Fast Pass will help a lot. Also, if you plan to stay into the evening, the rides becoming less crowded during the parade/fireworks. We rode Splash Mountain repeatedly at night, and had an incredible view of the Castle and part of the park all lit up.

mrs.jacksparrow
05-20-2007, 07:27 PM
:mickey: Thanks for the replies. I guess I have to start studying the maps and shows. Everyone seems so knowledgeable I'm afraid I'll get there and go blank about what to do next. I'm nervous I guess going alone. :blush:
thanks again:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
05-20-2007, 08:34 PM
we generally don't do "agendas".......seems too regemented, too restrictive....we just get on the bus, scan our cards in and walk....we do the parks several times during our stay and there is never a ryhme or reason for our day, we just go.....the only exception to that is planning around our dinning reservations....if you go "blank" when you get into a park, just go with what you want to do...I suggest trying to NOT make it a job, but more of an ever evolving adventure....good luck....