PDA

View Full Version : DVC Home Resort

dizneyfreek
05-19-2007, 04:23 PM
We purchased 180 points at AKV and understand its our home resort. If two or three years down the road we buy 50 or 100 points at another DVC resort, will that resort also be our home resort?

vizsla
05-19-2007, 04:41 PM
:mickey: Welcome Home

You are correct, that if you purchase points at another DVC resort that it will also be one of your home resorts. The one problem with that is if you wanted to make a ressie during the 11-7 month window for that home resort and it requires more points than you have you may not be able to book your entire stay at that time unless you use the points from your other home resort as long as they are at the 7 month or less booking window.

dizneyfreek
05-19-2007, 04:46 PM
CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!
OK, so say we have 180 points at AKV and 50 points at WLV. 11 months out, can i make a ressie at WLV with my combined points from both resorts?

dlpmikki
05-19-2007, 05:18 PM
No - you can only make a reservation with your VWL points - either the current year and / or banked / borrowed points. You can't use your AKL points for VWL until 7 months out.

dizneyfreek
05-19-2007, 05:26 PM
What is the minimum amount of points I need at another resort in order to be able to make ressies 11 months in advance?

dlpmikki
05-19-2007, 05:40 PM
That all depends what size accomodation you have and how long you want to stay. Grand Villas and weekends take a lot more points than studios and weekdays.

CarolMN
05-21-2007, 09:15 AM
What is the minimum amount of points I need at another resort in order to be able to make ressies 11 months in advance?The minimum number of points that you can buy is 25. Disney will not sell an add on contract for less than 25 points (so none less than that are available via resale either).

If you want Disney to finance the purchase, you must buy at least 50 (and purchase directly from Disney).

As already posted, you cannot combine points from different resorts until the 7 month window opens. You can make reservations prior to 7 months for as many days as you have points at that resort.

Some members bank and borrow to get enough points to make reservations at the 11 month window. For example if you need 150 points for your stay and buy 50 points at the VWL, you could bank & borrow to stay there every third year. If you buy 75, you could stay there every other year.