PDA

View Full Version : Wet in December

Shoebee99
05-19-2007, 03:30 PM
We (DH, DD6, DD7 and myself) are traveling in December and I understand that it can sometimes be chilly. Do they change the volume of water on the water rides :coaster: so you don't get as wet in the colder months as in the warmer ones? I know the "best" part of the water rides is getting wet, but I'm not sure I would want the kids and myself soaked in 50 degree temps :freeze: , though I don't have the heart to tell DDs they can't go on the ride. Do they frown on rain ponchos on the ride?:rain:

Any ideas for going on the rides and staying dry?

Sharon1026
05-19-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't believe they change the volume of the water rides - at least we haven't noticed a difference...

Yes, you can wear rain ponchos...

You might want to make the water rides the last ride that you go on before leaving the park... then go back and change.

Usually, we go on the water ride, then head back to our room for our afternoon break. Just a thought...

JPL
05-19-2007, 03:38 PM
I know on Splash they shut off the water cannons on cooler days so you don't get as wet. But you still get wet. I would suggest riding mid day or before you are leaving the park just in case you do get really wet.

mickey-mouse35
05-20-2007, 02:28 PM
We wore our rain ponchos on Splash when we went in December. Got a couple of funny looks, but who cares--we stayed dry (except our feet). We brought dry socks to change into (or you could wear different shoes on those rides). I wouldn't do these rides early in the morning, but by afternoon you're good to go! :thumbsup:

psychotekkie
05-20-2007, 04:39 PM
And try not to get too wet right before a dinner ressie. That would make for a cold and uncomfortable meal.

Meteora
05-20-2007, 05:43 PM
As stated above, they do turn off the water cannons in front of Splash Mountain on cold days, but if you're sitting in the front, you'll still get wet. And if it's a cold day...well, you're going to be cold. The upshot is that if it's a cold day, you'll probably have little to no line. My sister went on Splash when the weather was in the mid to high forties, and she and her boyfriend were the only people in their log. They only had to wait about five minutes--and this was during Christmas week. She did get wet, but she didn't seem to care much. She's one of those people who's just naturally warm all the time.

The same goes for Kali River Rapids--you'll still get completely soaked. Now, this is entirely my opinion, but for me the fun of Kali is, well, getting wet. On a cold day, getting wet is not going to be fun, and even a little dampness that gets through a poncho can make for some unpleasant times. I'd just as soon skip it on a chilly day.

There are also other things in the park that get turned off on colder days--jumping fountains and spitting camels and things like that. But the bottom line is that if you're planning on going on a water ride that usually gets you wet, it'll still get you wet on a cold day.