PDA

View Full Version : Exchanging In & the DDP

Dedivah
05-19-2007, 03:10 PM
So my family and I are exchanging in with Interval International. We plan to stay at the Animal Kingdom Villa in the Summer of 2009. I figured since it is 2 years away they will be able to accomodate us for the dates we want.

Anyway, my question is, my family loves the convenience of the DDP. Would we still be eligible for the plan even though we are exchanging in?

dlpmikki
05-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Don't bank on getting into any Disney resort, let alone a specific resort. People from II do get in sometimes but not that often because Disney is too popular with its owners and they do not exchange out into II that often.

I am not sure of the DDP answer. I know DVC members can get it if they stay at a DVC resort and on the basis that II folk get treated pretty much like DVC when they come they should be able to get it. Like DVC folk you would probably have to pre-book it once you have your confirmation and pay for it on check-in.

KevGuy
05-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Dunno the answer to that but I am DVC at SSR and plan on trading out with II in a couple years to go to the Mariott Ocean Beach Club in lahaina Maui.Disney considers itself 5 star so that is what we get when we trade out!:thumbsup:

CarolMN
05-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Yes - those who exchange into DVC via II are eligible to purchase the DDP. You would arrange it through Member Services. The number to call will be on the information you receive for your exchange. Exchangers are also eligible for MAgical Express and would arrange that through MS as well.

Good luck - hope you are able to get your exchange.

Dedivah
05-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks for all your answers!

I am hoping that since I am exchanging so far out that we will be able to get it. The trip is not until July of 2009. I want to beleive that is more that enough time??

I am an owner at Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa they also consider themselves 5 star. So that is what we are too expect when we trade out as well. This will be our first time using the II. We bought our timeshare last year. So we are pretty excited. :thumbsup:

Thanks again!

Catzle
05-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Yes, you are elgible for all that Disney has to off when you trade in. You pay a $95 trade in fee which allows you to participate in the dining plan, magical express and early and late nights at the parks. It was great we just got back from our trip doing this. We only traded in about 7 months in advance.

pixie1958
06-02-2007, 03:23 PM
If you are trying to use Westgate Lakes Resort in Orlando to trade into DVC Orlando through Interval, it will NEVER happen. DVC has a block through II on other Orlando timeshares trading into DVC at WDW. I've heard Marriott also has a block on other Orlando timeshares trading into their Orlando properties.

You could try trading into Disney's Vero or Hilton Head, though. But a Westgate Orlando trade into DVC Orlando just isn't going to happen because of the block.

Dedivah
06-03-2007, 09:31 AM
WHAT!!!!

I have spoken to a representative twice at II and nothing like that was mentioned! :(

I am going to call back today and ask.

OMG!!! This will be a crush to my family. We prefer to stay on Disney property when we go to Disney. This trip was totally a Disney only trip for my littel girl's 5th birthday.

pixie1958
06-03-2007, 02:17 PM
The II (Interval International) rep probably doesn't even know about the Orlando block. Some reps are more knowledgeable than others. We own DVC and we also own Marriott and another timeshare that trades through Interval. DVC definitely blocks other Orlando timeshares from trading in via Interval. I"ve got friends that own 5 star Orlando timeshares and they can never see DVC online like I can with my non Orlando Marriott. There's an Old Key West studio sitting out on Interval right now for a December 16th check in if you want to do a test and see if you can see it with your Orlando Westgate.

You could try for Disney Vero Beach or Disney's Hilton Head with your Westgate Orlando, though. I've heard the Orlando block is for like a 50 mile radius. Really, if you think about it, it makes sense to have a block where they sell their product. DVC wants people to buy DVC, not something else in Orlando and trade in.

If you look in the back of your II directory, it talks about the restriction under "Exchange Procedures and Priorities" under Number 6. "Some Members may be restricted from exchanging into resorts located within the same geographical area as the Home Resort accomodations that are being relinquished. . . . "

CarolMN
06-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Just posting to confirm that Disney/DVC does not allow trades into other Orlando area timeshare resorts or from other Orlando area timeshare resorts.

Dedivah
06-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks a bunch Ladies!!

I just spoke with a very nice lady at II and she verified that what you are saying is true. :(

My family will not like the news when I tell them. There is no way that we are buying another time share. We just bought this one last year! I guess I should have thought but I didn't. I have realized that I never see Disney anything online at II.

Thanks again. You guys have been great. :(