PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk or downtown Disney

dumbo ears
05-19-2007, 02:46 PM
I was wondering what people liked more, boardwalk of DTD. i would say boardwalk because I like the atmosphere there a lot and i also love the espn club!

Pop Centurion
05-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Both have great night time atmosphere in their own way but my vote goes to DTD. Mainly because I live in NJ and frequent the Boardwalk here so Disney's version only gives me a taste of home only not quit as good.

Crow
05-19-2007, 06:23 PM
i said DD cause i spend more time there walking between PI, WS etc, lookin in the shops and sometimes eating
i am probably going to try Jellyrolls at the BOardwalk this trip though after Illuminations

thejens
05-19-2007, 08:27 PM
I have not yet been to DTD, but I do not understand the appeal of the Boardwalk. I too vacation at the real Boardwalk in NJ and don't even see a similarity. Plus the few carnival games they have are expensive! It's a nice place to stroll through, but IMHO, not a destination.

Ray C.
05-20-2007, 12:08 AM
]... too vacation at the real Boardwalk in NJ and don't even see a similarity...

The similarity is to Atlantic City back around the turn of the century. Back when it wasn't the trashy, bad part of town. (I'm from NJ, I can say that :secret: ) If you go to Disney's Boardwalk in the middle of the afternoon, of course there is nothing to do. It's a nighttime entertainment district. It's really only lively after 8ish on the weekend nights. After that, there are street performers, stands, mobile musicians, games, etc.

tkbk
05-20-2007, 12:32 PM
My "home" resort is BWV, but I still have to vote for DTD. Even though I love Boardwalk and can't even imagine staying anywhere else on proprty now, bardwalk is a much smaller scale of entertainment, clubs and shops then DTD. So it really would depend if you want a large venue or small , they are almst "apples and oranges" IMHO. But i do love Boardwalk but if wanting a place to go for an entire evening I would have to say DTD!

tinksmom02
05-20-2007, 09:16 PM
I voted for DTD but I've never been to the Boardwalk. I'm a Jersey Shore girl, born and raised, and I get my fill of the "real" boardwalk every summer. I'm sure Disney's Boardwalk is nice, but given a choice between the 2, I would always pick DTD. I love love love it there!

PracticallyPerfectMollie
05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
As long as the Earl of Sandwhich is at DTD, it gets my vote. but i have heard great things about the boardwalk and we a thinking about visiting this year.:eat:

glenpreece
05-23-2007, 11:25 AM
I love DTD. If I could only go to WDW for a few hours DTD would be it. I can get my Disney fix and do all kinds of shopping. I tend to go there several nights each trip.

PirateLover
05-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Both have great night time atmosphere in their own way but my vote goes to DTD. Mainly because I live in NJ and frequent the Boardwalk here so Disney's version only gives me a taste of home only not quit as good.

We frequent the NJ Shore as well and find Disney's Boardwalk to be much more appealing!! There are no annoying tram cars or bums living underneath. ;) In fact, after this trip we decided that if we have the money we will stay there next time. We absolutely had a blast at Jellyrolls.

DizNee143
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
i love both very much...but personally i dont think the two can really be compared!! there is soooo much to do at Downtown Disney and its sooo big...and there are things to do at boardwalk but not nearly as much as Downtown Disney...as much as i love and rave about the Boardwalk..i voted for Downtown Disney..its just go soooo much to do...:mickey:

MomofKatie
05-24-2007, 08:48 PM
I didn't vote, because the two can't really be compared, IMO. DTD is all about shopping, more shopping, and having something to eat along the way. The Boardwalk is for strolling, eating at a nice restaurant, watching the ducks in the water, watching some fireworks, catching some entertainers doing their thing- mainly just hanging out and being laid-back.

I love both, but they are very different.

wilshade
05-25-2007, 05:19 PM
I like them both, but find myself more relaxed at Boardwalk. It is nice to be there as the sun goes down and the place gradually livens up before your eyes.

True, it is not an exact replica of a mid-Atlantic boardwalk. It seems more like a cross between a boardwalk and the sunset festivals on Key West.

But, in any case, I like to vist DTD and Boardwalk each trip. Boardwalk has "Jellyrolls" and DTD has the "Adventurer's Club". Love them both.

Tink#64
05-26-2007, 08:03 AM
i love both very much...but personally i dont think the two can really be compared!! there is soooo much to do at Downtown Disney and its sooo big...and there are things to do at boardwalk but not nearly as much as Downtown Disney...as much as i love and rave about the Boardwalk..i voted for Downtown Disney..its just go soooo much to do...:mickey:

I agree. No comparison, it's like WDW or my local Six Flags!:confused:

DTD is our traditional first day! We always arrive in the early afternoon & don't want to start at the parks so late. I tried to change our routine last year & my family wouldn't hear of it!:blush: We can easily spend 5 or 6 hours at DTD, shopping eating, playing Lego, lots of photo ops. Last year was our first visit to the Boardwalk. I've wanted to go for a while, but it never fit into our schedule. We caught the boat in the International Gateway & went over to eat at the ESPN Club. We had a fantastic time, so pretty arriving by boat like that! We watched a juggler, shopped & had fun. We really enjoyed it, but if we had to choose, there's no way it would be BW over DTD. Sorry.:blush:

Guya103
05-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Totally right. A comparison is difficult to make. Both are wonderful, but DTD is such a happening place with a variety of things any time of day. Boardwalk is not as lively until the evening. We love DTD and are there just about once a day when on vacation.:mickey:

dtootsie42
05-27-2007, 09:11 PM
This was kind of hard because we like both pretty equally. I think for me I like the Boardwalk but my family tends to like Downtown Disney better.

MinnieMommie
05-28-2007, 06:15 AM
Boardwalk is a very nice area but DD gets my vote here. I can Visit WDW without a trip to Boardwalk but not without spending substantial time at DD. :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
05-28-2007, 08:16 AM
The Boardwalk got my vote. I find DTD way to crowded for my tastes. Plus the fact that we are looking at purchasing a DVC membership at the Boardwalk might have something to do with it.;)

WDWfeelslikehome
05-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Extremely tough :confused: decision. But I went with the BW. DW and I will be at BCV in 25 days, and we plan to spend lots of time on the BW, we will take a night or two to visit AC at PI, but the BW is where we LOVE :cloud9: to be.

RAIDER
05-29-2007, 03:49 AM
DD for me ... i love the shops and its a lovely place to relax :thumbsup:

DisneyDude1977
05-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I love both, but gave my vote to DTD. I love the shops, and especially Disney's Days of Christmas. Love it!