PDA

View Full Version : Sadness here for crashed plane

marlyn
05-19-2007, 12:51 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/070519/national/snowbird_crash_cda

Lots of sadness here today for a Snowbird pilot who was killed when his plane crashed during a practice for an airshow. The Snowbirds are the Canadian Military's version of your American Blue Angels. An aerobatic team very much symbolic with Canada. You can actualy see these planes at the beginning of the Oh Canada film at Epcot.

My family has a close tie with these planes. The Snowbird team is based out of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan which is where my boys were born as their father (My ex husband) trained on these planes. Now we live in BC and the miltary base here hosts the Snowbirds for 3 weeks each spring as they come here to commence their Spring Training. They do their routine twice a day out over the ocean in front of my house so my boys just Love the Snowbirds. We are so sad about this news.

My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of the pilot and also to the SnowBird community as this sort of thing hits them all so hard. I didn't know this paticular pilot personally but I have known many over the years. They are passionate, dedicated flyers and they love what they do. He is flying with the angels now.

Edited to add that I just learned he was to be married next month. :(

Piglet822
05-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Lynne, I'm so very sorry to hear this.

My heart goes out to the family, I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

mrsgaribaldi
05-19-2007, 05:46 PM
How sad. Prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: on they way for the poor guy and his family.

Scott C
05-19-2007, 06:11 PM
They are supposed to perform here in Evansville July 4th -- I have been waiting to see them for years. I hope that they resume their schedule soon. Of course our prayers go out to the pilots family and the rest of the squadron.

Thanks
Scott C

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-19-2007, 11:50 PM
How tragic. My sympathies to his family and future wife.

pdrlkr
05-20-2007, 10:22 AM
This is such a sad story. :(

MsMin
05-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie: for the family, friends and community. so sorry to hear this news. :(

merlinmagic4
05-20-2007, 12:12 PM
That is sad news. :pixie: for his family and fiancee.

Earnhardt321
05-20-2007, 07:25 PM
I live in Moose Jaw and it is a sad time. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. We all feel the loss again. It was only a few years ago the team lost another pilot. I have had quite a few opprotunities to see the Snowbirds fly some in air shows and some if you are lucky enough to be outside at the right time. They put on a great show!

Flower
05-20-2007, 07:50 PM
How very sad. :crying:

I am honoured to say that I had the opportunity to meet the crew several years ago at a dinner that was held in their honour in Oshawa. I was volunteering with the Canadian Coast Guard at the time (COMRA for any locals!), we did on-the-water crowd control as alot of the airshow was over Lake Ontario.

They perform here at least once a year and it is always exhilarating to see them. When they train here for their shows they often flew over work, what a rush when they are so close overhead!

How truly tragic for his family and fellow pilots.

TiggerRPh
05-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Truly tragic....my prayers go out to the family and friends involved.

disneydeb
05-20-2007, 11:10 PM
My sympathy goes out to the family and friends of the young pilot.

tinkerbellybutton
05-21-2007, 06:57 AM
How incredibly sad..... prayers and :pixie: on it's way to the family and friends of this dedicated pilot.

Caroleh
05-21-2007, 07:21 AM
My prayers are with his family and friends.

My DH loves planes and every 2 years we make it to the CNE(Canadain National Exposition) to see the Snowbirds perform. They are such a treat to watch.