PDA

View Full Version : DVC resale purchase

crazykids
05-19-2007, 07:33 AM
I think we've finally deided to take the plunge! We are going to look into resale & purchase around 200 points at BCV. For those who have gone through the resale process, any tips for saving money? Are things like point price & closing costs negotiable? What is a safe point price that will pass ROFR - I've seen listings as low as $88/point. Any help would be appreciated!

dlpmikki
05-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Anything is negotiable. It all depends how desperate someone is too sell. I know the one time I did resale I split the closing costs with the seller. You can offer what you like but they don't have to accept it. Can't help on ROFR - hopefully someone else with more recent experience in that area will be along soon.

rsumrall
05-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I just closed on a resale purchase - we bought 210 pts at SSR for $19 less than Disney is asking. I just looked on line at the site we bought from and they had some BCV listings at $87/pt. Beyond that, let me say that everything is negotiable. You can find info on ROFR at other disney sites, or some nice soul here on Intercot!

MarkC
05-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I will tell you that if you find a deal you like, don't try to get too picky because it may be gone. We were looking for a Beach Club resale around 100 points. I would see one in the $92-97 range and decide to talk to my wife about it that night. If it was in the lower $90's and had any points banked, it would often be too late. We finally decided if I find a good deal, I had the go-ahead from her to make the decision. When I saw a good deal I called right away and took it for the asking price rather than wait for someone else to come along with a better offer. I would watch the different sites and you can usually find out what a good deal is and what isn't. We went through Intercot sponsor "The Timeshare Store", and it has been handled very promptly and professionally.