PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else had a "blonde" moment at WDW?

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Last October, I was riding Splash Mountain with my kids and read the "Slippin' Falls" sign for the umpteenth time when I suddenly "got it". I started laughing so hard that I couldn't tell my kids why. When was finally able to tell my kids why I was laughing, I started laughing again because it had taken me so long to get the alternate meaning. My DH just said "there's a reason why you're a natural blonde." Anyone else had something like this happen?

Piglet822
05-19-2007, 09:08 AM
I can't recall anything specific at Disney bit I have moments like this quite often, lol.
My best friend though, she's a riot. She'll call me on her way home from work (mind you she's a bus driver with Mears just like I am) and gets distracted, will miss her exit and then ask me where she is and how to get home. She lives an hour away from me and I don't even know the streets in her side of town, lol.

poeticeclipse
05-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Last October, I was riding Splash Mountain with my kids and read the "Slippin' Falls" sign for the umpteenth time when I suddenly "got it". I started laughing so hard that I couldn't tell my kids why. When was finally able to tell my kids why I was laughing, I started laughing again because it had taken me so long to get the alternate meaning. My DH just said "there's a reason why you're a natural blonde." Anyone else had something like this happen?

Oh goodness, just had one.... it took me about 30 seconds to get it. Now i'll have to point it out to my fiance in a week!

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Oh goodness, just had one.... it took me about 30 seconds to get it. Now i'll have to point it out to my fiance in a week!

Glad I'm not the only one. But your 30 seconds is much faster than mine. It took me 2 years.

Figgyluv03
05-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I still don't get it! Sorry, a really big blonde moment. Maybe I should have not dyed my hair back blonde!

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
I still don't get it! Sorry, a really big blonde moment. Maybe I should have not dyed my hair back blonde!

Slippin' Falls = Slip & Falls

Figgyluv03
05-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Man, I really did have a blonde moment!!!!!:secret:

Tinkerfreak
05-20-2007, 07:26 AM
My entire life is a blonde moment! DH jokes about me passing on my dingbat genes to my DD who is also blonde. It took us 30 minutes last weekend to figure out how to put the back seat down in the truck and that was when we finally thought to check the owners manual. I do have some of these moments at Disney but I can't recall one right now. I'm sure DH could point out quite a few.:blush:

LibertyTreeGal
05-20-2007, 07:58 AM
I do things like that all the time too -- my standard line is, "well, now you know this hair ain't just dyed blonde!! I sat and looked at that Slippin' Falls and was getting ticked off because I thought that slippin falls must be a place that had a sign and you didn't tell me what the sign said so I couldn't get the joke when suddenly it occurred to me that the sign actually said "Slippin Falls" -- too cute. Hopeless....

kakn7294
05-20-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm blonde and I got it so there's hope for you guys yet! BTW, DH loves to e-mail me blonde jokes. Sometimes being blonde is fun - if you mess up you can just blame it on the hair (funny how many people accept that excuse too)!

disneyfreakmike
05-20-2007, 11:20 AM
My blonde moment came in the MK on the TTA. I have gone to DW for about 15 straight years. But only 3 years ago it finally dawned on me...."paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow"

Wow, did I feel stupid I never caught that one!

Cinderelley
05-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Man, I really did have a blonde moment!!!!!:secret:

Join the crowd. :laughing:

tplmarc
05-21-2007, 03:57 AM
i once forgot what the name of the contemporary is. I was in magic kingdom and couldnt for the life of me remember the name of that place!

MsMin
05-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm far from blond, not even light brown :D but many of my cousins who had hair as dark as mine are now blond --- maybe my gray is really platinum b/c I had a moment myself last trip.
We've spent several years going to Pop and always talking about which building we are staying, the 80's 90's and 50's are the ones we visited last. Last year we spent one night at the ASmovies and I honestly forgot which area we stayed in but when we switched to BWV I got out the elevator and thought I wonder what building we are in here. I saw the little plaque as I turned down the hall that said "Rubbish and Recycling" with an arrow pointing to the direction of my room and thought hmmm must be some new "save the earth" theme.... no --I realized a couple days later it really was the plaque for rubbish and recycling :blush:

Tynkerbelle
05-21-2007, 10:25 AM
My sister is a total blonde and I've actually been blonde by association at WDW... Actually I was the victim of her blondeness - that's what I get for always listening to my big sissy:

It was Christmas 1984, we were staying at the Fairway Villas and Blondie got the idea that it would be swell to decorate for the holidays - the tree in the villa was not enough for her - she had to have poinsettias. She tells me she remembers seeing a ton of them at the Howard Johnson's up by the register, so off we go to get pointsettias..... There was no place to park so she has me run in while she stayed in the car (I still can't help but think it was all an evil plan to embarrass me) - I get up to the register and start grabbing pointsettias, the woman at the register asks if she can help me so I asked her how much they were.... She paused for a moment and smiled as she told me that they were not for sale they were actually their decorations..... When I got out to the car my very blonde sister was hysterical laughing (again my theory that it was an evil plan) - it occurred to her while I was in there that maybe they were not for sale!

To this day, she laughs so hard she cries when she thinks of this story!

DisneyFreak23
06-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I didn't get it either until just now. and I am a straight A student.not blonde either

Defense for blondes: My best friend had the blondest hair possible and she is one of the smartest people ever and i dont think she has ever had a single blonde moment.

Cinderelley
06-13-2007, 01:37 PM
I've actually been blonde by association

This statement just cracks me up.