PDA

View Full Version : Cali grill or Concourse?

mouseketeer mom
05-18-2007, 06:20 PM
I have one more ADR to decide, my call date is Sunday! We want to have more dinners in our resort area, so we have more "hang around" time at the Poly. Our last trip we ran to Epcot almost every nite, and while that was terrific, we want to relax even more this trip. I'm thinking perhaps a dinner at the Contemporary might be nice, just a monorail ride away. California Grill or Concourse? My kids at that time will be 13, 11 and 8. I love the idea of the Cali Grill, but is it ok for my kids? We are OK with "dressing up" a bit and such, but is the Concourse better for us? Only 2 days left! Help!

rnin02
05-18-2007, 11:56 PM
We've never eaten at Concourse, but we did do California Grill last time. It was terrific! We are hoping to go again this year. I remember seeing all ages of children there, I'm sure your kids would be fine there. Its such a neat view, we got to see the fireworks and the electric water pageant (a little bit anyway) and it was great.

HndrdPrcnt
05-19-2007, 12:05 AM
I would agree that the CA Grill is amazing!! We make it a MUST DO for every trip. However, we get a sitter for the kids and go by ourselves. If eating with the kids, I think that they may like Concourse better. They have a GREAT kids menu and the kids dessert is one that my kids still talk about today!! It is a LOT of fun and the kids would really enjoy it.:thumbsup:

cinderellagrl
05-19-2007, 01:26 AM
I vote Cali Grill. Last meal I had at the councourse was only okay... but the last at Cali Grill was exceptional! More and more it is becoming a place that welcomes kids. Another point to mention is that rarely people get overly dressed up anymore at Cali Grill. The attire is business casual and for most people that means kakis (sometime even shorts) and a polo. Women usually tend to wear a summer skirt or dressy shorts. Definatly a place to try!

Try arriving about an hour before wishes begins! Fabulous view of the Fireworks!

maizey05
05-19-2007, 02:56 PM
We were on the DDP and didn't want to spend 2 TS for Cali. so we ate at Concourse. Our meal was fabulous. I'm guessing that the ambiance is a little more upscale at Cali. but Concourse had wonderful food. Gotta try their vanilla bean creme brulee. Either way, have fun!

pook@wdw
05-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Between the CG and Concourse, I would have to say that I liked the Concourse food better. Especially w/kids. (although, if they like sushi, CG has the best). And at the CG, you can go out on the observation deck for the "Wishes" fireworks show over MK (no better view). But there is another outdoor observation area on the 4th level that you can view the show from also if you decide to go w/Concourse.:thumbsup:

tplmarc
05-21-2007, 03:40 AM
California Grill! Then watch wishes! And there is a better view for wishes Main street U.S.A I dont care what anyone says there is no place i would rather be than on mainstreet usa around the central hub watching wishes! With Dole whip in hand

mrsgaribaldi
05-21-2007, 04:20 AM
I have to vote for California Grill too. We stayed at the Poly in Jan and ate at Cali Grill one night. So easy to just get on the monorail and go. I don't think that the Concourse is anywhere near as nice as the Cali Grill. Your kids are good ages too. I have seen many kids younger than yours eating there. When we went in Jan the girls wore capri pants and a nice top and nice shoes. DH wore black jeans and a dress shirt. You don't have to go "all out" like V&As. The view is spectacular and the inside of the restaurant is beautiful too:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
05-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Cali Grill and fireworks! What a combo!!:mickey:

SBETigg
05-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Keep in mind that if you are on the dining plan, the California Grill is two credits per person, while the Concourse is only one. Also, the California Grill will be more expensive, perhaps not an issue.

The most important consideration for us was the menu. My son liked the look of it, but my daughter did not think she would like much on the menu. We're doing the California Grill for our anniversary without the kids now. My suggestion would be to look at the menus of both and see which would please everyone in the party. The California Grill is definitely an experience, but it all depends on your family's taste and needs.

Donald Duck 224
05-21-2007, 09:00 PM
We ahve eaten at both and without a doubt cali is our favorite in all of disney. (not counting the brown derby.)

mouseketeer mom
05-21-2007, 09:03 PM
We ahve eaten at both and without a doubt cali is our favorite in all of disney. (not counting the brown derby.)

Thats great to hear! We made an ADR for the Brown Derby as well, for the first time!