PDA

View Full Version : beignette at POR?

dinahvixen
05-18-2007, 06:04 PM
I've been seeing on the boards something about a beignette you can get at POR, what the heck IS it?

Tigerlilly
05-18-2007, 06:41 PM
They are a fluffy pastry of heavenly goodness.

They are square and hollow and . .well like a hollow square donut for lack of a better description and they are coated in powdered sugar.

They really are good. I got them for desert one night at Sassagoula's and they were warm and I got 6 in my order which were MORE than enough!

dreaming of wdw
05-18-2007, 06:46 PM
They are really yummy! I remember having one a few trips back at POR, but when I visited last year they were no longer on the menu at the bakery in the Riverside Mill foodcourt. You can definitely get them over at POFQ though.:thumbsup:

Hammer
05-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Beignets are quite delicious and can be found at the food court at Port Orleans French Quarter. As this is more of a food question, I am moving this thread to the Dining forums where you can get the opinions of many WDW "foodies"!

AFDisneyFam
05-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I love these things! I think of them as a Cajun doughnut. They are the same type of dough that are fried up in squares and dusted with powdered sugar. And they do them traditional way...in lard! WOOHOO!!!

With a cup of good coffee, they are a wonderful way to start or end a Disney day.:cloud9:

SgtTigger
05-18-2007, 10:36 PM
A beignet ([bεn.je] pronounced ben–YAY, from the Middle French word for "bump"), in American English, refers to a French doughnut being a pastry made from deep-fried dough and sprinkled with confectioner's sugar.

Beignets are often found in, and typically associated with, the city of New Orleans, Louisiana; the restaurants Café du Monde and Morning Call are particularly known for their beignets.

I had some last weekend here in New Orleans and we also had some at Port Orleans and they were just as good. Give it a try I think you will like it....
One word of caution........ when you take a bite don't inhale.... the powered sugar will get in you throat and you will start to cough.... we usually let people learn on there own but I give everyone the tip....

:cop: :tigger:

Here we go again...
05-18-2007, 11:31 PM
One word of caution........ when you take a bite don't inhale.... the powered sugar will get in you throat and you will start to cough.... we usually let people learn on there own but I give everyone the tip....

:cop: :tigger:
I love watching people inhale for the first time. :thedolls: :funny:

One more thing... don't wear black. :D

DisneyDudet
05-19-2007, 03:39 AM
They are awesome. My dad loves them so much that he gets up and drives over to POFQ early one morning and gets a few orders and we keep them in the room (they do keep rather well.. but they're best warm!).

He's never encountered trouble getting into the resort. He just tells them the truth and they understand!

pook@wdw
05-19-2007, 05:03 PM
They are one of the most heavenly :cloud9: treats on earth! I had my 1st one @ Mardi Gras back in 1991 in New Orleans, and will get one anytime I have the chance. You must try them! They use to have them at the France pavillion in Epcot . :cloud9:

jpH/keD
05-21-2007, 03:05 PM
I saw a show on the foodchannel about these little goodies and have wanted to try them ever since! Can anyone going soon check if they still have them at WS at Epcot? I know they have them at POFQ but we have so overplanned our trip and cannot possibly fit a trip to that resort into our schedule. I would LOVE it :cloud9: if they were still available at Epcot! Please anyone going before Nov. can you help? TIA !