PDA

View Full Version : Do you get sad when trip time comes?

Belle's Mom
05-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I know I can't be the only one who plans, plans and plans some more only to kind of get sad the closer the trip gets? I am totally excited about going, but I also know the closer it gets--the sooner it will be over! Is that too corny or what? I am ready to go June 8-15, but it's getting close...I am already thinking about when we can go again!:cloud9:

jenperich
05-18-2007, 04:23 PM
I know exactly what you mean. My boyfriend already told me that we won't be able to go for a couple of years after this trip...so I'm trying to make it the best it can be on our budget. But, I can't help but think of leaving after our trip. It is so pathetic! We're going to be there for eight nights...so we'll have a great time. Have a wonderful trip! :cloud9:

snifflesmcg
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM
I think half the fun is planning the trip. I enjoy looking up menus and rides that I'm going to be experiencing. When the time comes to go, I'm so excited I can barely sleep. I enjoy my trip and take a ton of pictures. When I get home, I get them all developed and I can relive my trip. That way I'm not sad. Going on this discussion board helps too. Adding my two cents on everything. My boyfriend also told me before we went last year that this would be the only one we'd be doing. He loved it so much.....guess who's going again in September???? :mickey:

TennesseeTink
05-18-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't get sad before I go; I get super-hyper and excited the closer it gets. :) But about halfway through the trip, the sadness hits me. :( The months leading up to the trip drag by but the trip it self flies by and is over before you know it. I used to get really depressed on the way home, but I've discovered the solution!! I start planning the next trip! Once I get a date in mind and have something to look forward to, it's all good!!;) It's a viscious cycle...

LoriMistress
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I usually get upset on the day before our last day at the parks. The our last night DH and I were a bit teary eyed. We knew it would be years until we would come back. Four years later we're going in December!!!

MMouse6937
05-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I also agree. I actually don't get too sad untill we about to leave, but I do notice the closer we get to the trip the less there is for me to do and plan. I love the planning part. I am so OCD about it. I'm sure it drives everyone crazy, even though they love me too much to tell me!! :D That's why we're on intercot so much, we need the support from our fellow disney nuts!! :mickey:

GeminiAngel
05-18-2007, 08:20 PM
I just learned what you are all talking about. We just did the first trip, and how sad me and hubby were 2 days before we came home. No more planning, budgeting, the feeling of not knowing what to expect. Hubby ask me on that day of sadness, when are we comming back? I did not expect that of him! He's not Disney crazy like me. Well, he is now! here we come CBR 2009!

I think we need a 12 step program! LOL!:woohoo:

thejens
05-18-2007, 09:10 PM
I know exactly what you all mean. I will be in DW in exactly 7 days and I am so excited, but also almost let down because I really can barely find anything else to plan. I am definitely already thinking about the next trip and even have plans to check out the next resorts. Last year I spend the ride home journalling about my trip and making notes about what to consider for our next trip! Crazy, huh!?

Lily
05-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I know EXACTLY what you mean! I make a spread sheet with every trip with the details of each day...the park we'll be in, the parades and fireworks shows, our dining reservation info. I'm thrilled about the upcoming trip but, I can't deny that last column on my spread sheet.... the day we leave the World. I can get teary just thinking about it.:(

TennesseeTink
05-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Anybody else get the suitcases out a week or two before you leave and try to pack things that you think you won't need before you go?

:mickey:

Jessietoystory2
05-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Actually I have been feeling the same way and thought I was crazy. It's good to know some else feels the same way. In May of 2006 my sister went with our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids.) Little did we know at the time she was dying from breast cancer that had spread (she didn't tell us). She ended up passing away in August, but my children will always have the wonderful memory of their aunt being with them in the happiest place on earth. We are now going again in about 7 days and I am having mixed feelings. I don't know if I am taking away from their last memory of being there by going again so soon or if they will feel sad. I hope not. Maybe the "Magic" will be a good thing. Thanks fellow boarders for letting me vent.

Not2Loud
05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Ok, I am in the same boat with many of you. I SO enjoy the planning phase of trips to WDW. I have so many books about Disney ranging from the travel guides to penny pinching in Disney, etc.

I love going through them over and over to find something I missed. I love coming to Intercot to find new little tidbits of info.

For instance, when DD3 and I go on Jun 1, I am going to take her to wake up Tinkerbell!!

Then somewhere about half way through the trip, I start thinking about it almost being over and having to go home.

I truly understand why people stay in their RV's and campers at Ft. Wilderness for months at a time. Wouldn't it be nice...

LudwigVonDrake
05-19-2007, 05:57 PM
I only start getting sad the night before I leave WDW!!! Other than that, anticipation is the word of the day as I get closer to the trip :tink:

alicia524luvstw
05-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Yes!!! Half the fun is looking forward to your trip. I love the feeling I have when I know I will be going to my favorite place. I'm so sad when I find that awful envelope hanging on my door. I just got back last wed and I'm trying to swing a trip in Dec.

lindique
05-20-2007, 08:55 AM
I solved that problem (used to have it too) by deciding on the dates for my next trip - and sometimes booking it - before I go. Then the trip planning and anticipation happens again immediately! Reading INTERCOT also helps. :mickey:

Mousehead35
05-20-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm loving this thread! I just want to hug you all:grouphug: I'm the planner in my family and I get both sad and excited when trip time comes. I'm so happy that I'm not alone.

mouseketeer mom
05-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I don't get sad before the trip, I get sad when we're close to approaching the end of our stay. Getting that magical express tag on the door is a KILLER. I need to know when we are coming back before we leave to help with the trauma of it all! My husband is terrific. He knows that about me and always springs a surprise. Like, we were there Jan into Feb. this year. I'm completely sad about leaving and he says, "Wouldn't it be fun to start a new tradition and spend Thanksgiving here this year?"...Just like that, I'm still sad, but I'm OK again! Another trip to plan! He does it every time. I just made all my ADR's yesterday! All new things to try and I'm sooo excited! Enjoy your trip!

ghost999
05-20-2007, 01:13 PM
i only get sad WHEN we leave :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
05-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Anybody else get the suitcases out a week or two before you leave and try to pack things that you think you won't need before you go? :mickey:

Yep--we do it, too! Mine's been out. And do you wait to unpack it completely for a couple of weeks when you get back, "so the trip won't be over"...?:blush:

mickeys_princess
05-20-2007, 11:43 PM
I packing now for our trip next week and im pulling out time schedules, receipts, and parkmaps from last years trip from the suitacase!! Also just now pulling off the yellow ME tags from last trip!

mrsgaribaldi
05-21-2007, 04:57 AM
I know I can't be the only one who plans, plans and plans some more only to kind of get sad the closer the trip gets? I am totally excited about going, but I also know the closer it gets--the sooner it will be over! Is that too corny or what? I am ready to go June 8-15, but it's getting close...I am already thinking about when we can go again!:cloud9:

I know exactly what you mean too. I think to myself "one week from now our trip will be over" things like that. I get sad as it approaches also because I hate flying and I hate leaving my babies at home. I know they will miss me and I worry about them alot when we are gone. I'm sad when we leave Disney but happy too because I know I will see my fur and furless babies again:thumbsup:

I solved that problem (used to have it too) by deciding on the dates for my next trip - and sometimes booking it - before I go. Then the trip planning and anticipation happens again immediately! Reading INTERCOT also helps. :mickey:

We do the same thing too. We don't book it but we plan when to go back. We just went in the beginning of May and we are going to the meet in Oct. We decided that was to long to wait and we are going to try and squeeze a few days to Disney World in August:blush: