PDA

View Full Version : Interval Inernational Members

Dedivah
05-18-2007, 04:04 PM
I am not sure if this is the right place for this question. If it is not please forgive me.

DH and I are timeshare owners but not DVC owners. We are members with II and have the options of exchanging our timshare week for a week in a Disney DVC.

DH and I are planning on taking our children (16 & 5)in the summer of 2009 and would perfer to swap in at the Wilderness Lodge instead of staying at a Value.

Can anyone tell me how this works and the fees that go along with this? Also can we purchase the DDP?

Thanks!

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 01:47 AM
We don't own DVC, but do trade through II. In case your timeshare company didn't tell you, II can put you on a waitlist starting two years before the week you want. We didn't know about it, and I was awake early to call on our one-year out date. Our timeshare screwed it up royally, and in the end I had to wind up talking to II myself. That's when the II rep told me about the 2-year list.

Dedivah
05-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks, Cinderelly

Can you tell me what it would cost me. I tried do an exchange once and before they could do anything for me they wanted me to pay like $150 or something like that.

I think I will call them today and see what I can find out.

Cinderelley
05-19-2007, 02:22 PM
If I remember correctly, it was just the exchange fee, but it's been a couple of years, so I could be wrong. I would call them and get all the details.

Catzle
05-26-2007, 07:58 AM
We just did this. It cost us $95 to trade into DVC through Interval. It was actually my sister in laws time share so we had to pay an extra $39 to put it in our name. Pretty great though for a week at Disney. We got into the WL and just loved it. We are going to do it next year and put ourselves on the waitlist sometime this summer.

Dedivah
05-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I wonder why the cost would be different. The exchange fee is $139 and we are gold members at II. We also want to use the DDP. DId you use it?

CarolMN
05-29-2007, 01:58 PM
I wonder why the cost would be different. The exchange fee is $139 and we are gold members at II. We also want to use the DDP. DId you use it?

Just to clarify - The $95 fee is paid directly to Disney/DVC and is in addition to any exchange fee you pay to II. The $39 fee is another II fee - it allows you to gift your exchange to another. It is against the II rules to sell a trade to someone else.

Once you get the trade confirmation documents from II, you will see the instructions to call DVC Member Services to pay the $95 fee. That fee is charged to all who exchange into DVC via II.

Those who exchange into DVC via II are allowed to purchase the Disney Dining Plan if they so choose. They must make the arrangements for the DDP ahead of time with DVC Member Services. It must be purchased for each night of the stay for every person in the party over the age of 3. Payment is due at check in. Charge is $39.99 / night /person ages 10+ and $10.99 for children ages 3 -9. No ticket purchase is required to add the DP. The DVC DDP works the same as the DDP that is available as part of the MYW packages purchased directly from Disney.

Exchangers can also take advantage of Disney's Magical Express - again, arrangements to do so must be made in advance through DVC Member Services. No charge at this time for ME.

Dedivah
05-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks, Carol. That helps me out a lot!! :thumbsup: