PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo

cmay0507
05-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi I am going to Disney in September during free dining, one of my ADR is HDDMR. Last year I went to HDDMR before the seating was seperated in 3 categories. I have made my reservations but I could only get category 3 seating (which I don't mind) but I do mind the time 9:30pm, which is the same time I went last year. It was a little late and my daughter (5) was very tired when the show was over. This year I am going with my sister her son (5) and my daughter (6), my sister wants to do the HDDMR there are time available before 9:30pm but they are all category 1 seating when I spoke with the cast member I asked if I could pay the difference between category 3 and 1 seating and I was told no. I thought (I cannot remember) that I saw a post before that said you could pay the difference if on the DDP. Has anyone done this? Sorry for the long post, thanks for any input!!:mickey:

Colleen

packofjedis
05-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I've never been to Hoop-Dee-Doo, but I've researched and booked it for our upcoming trip. I have never heard of paying the difference between the categories, and on Intercot's info page (under menus) it doesn't mention it - just that if you're using the dining plan, you'll have to reserve category 2 or 3.

Keep calling. Maybe somebody will cancel!

TheRustyScupper
05-19-2007, 11:05 AM
1) It is better to pay OOP, than use DDP for HDDR.
2) You can get Cat-1 seating and really enjoy the show.
3) Besides, using DDP for HDDR isn't a good bargain, money-wise.
4) As for "upgrading" to Cat-1, you can't just pay the difference.

NOTE: There is a planned dollar value to each DDP credit (snack, CS, TS) and the new HDDR pricing won't support the Cat-1 price for DDP coupons. The theory is that it was DDP that allowed the separate pricing, because cash-customers were complaining about being frequently relegated to the balcony. Makes a lot of sense. Plus, this let WDW hike the price for HDDR.

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
05-20-2007, 03:55 PM
We came to the same conclusion ourselves (or did I read it hear and think that I thought of it myself?). We went for the first time in early 2006 and that was before the categories. We never tried DDP before (which debuted after 2003, no? that was our previous trip) and still hadn't. Paid OOP and got the front left table ... maybe wearing our bride & groom ears helped snag such a good spot... I suspect it had to do with my involuntary audience participation at the end.

Nearly 1.75 years later (too long!) we're going back and I want cat1 since we'll have the whole family this time that couldn't make it to our WDW wedding. We are also trying DDP for the first time. Based on the DDP cat 2 or 3 policy, and doing the math, it was clear that paying OOP and using the credits for character breakfast buffets (Chef Mickey's!!! :party:) would be the best deal.

January-2007
06-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Based on the DDP cat 2 or 3 policy, and doing the math, it was clear that paying OOP and using the credits for character breakfast buffets (Chef Mickey's!!! :party:) would be the best deal.

Is that just because of the cat 1 seating? 2 breakfast buffets will equal less than $40 so how is that better than $50.99-$54.99 for cat 2 or 3?

I'm trying to decide if we should go to HDDMR in September too. We've never been but I think we'd like it. :cap: