PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone Ever seen anyone sporting high heels in the parks, lol

AliceinDisney
05-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I was just wondering about that. You see the pics of Disneyland in the fifties and the ladies are sporting their house dresses and pumps. I just wondered if anyone else has seen anyone doing that, just walking around the parks in stilettos and a mini skirt or something ridiculous like that, lol I mean okay if you are going to a nice restaurant in one of the parks, that makes sense...but anything else is kinda silly :P

Ian
05-18-2007, 11:15 AM
I see it quite a bit, actually. In fact, it's something we look for because we see it so often. We call it the Inappropriate Footwear Game.

I would say at least once or twice a day I see a woman walking around either WAAAAY overdressed for a theme park or wearing like strappy sandals with a 4" heel or stillettos or something.

I find it amazing that some people can't stow their fashion addiction even to walk around Disney World!

BrerSchultzy
05-18-2007, 11:20 AM
My family introduced my wife to this game last June. She absolutely did not believe us, until she saw it. We must have seen three or four people a day. One woman was wearing them in the France Pavilion, sipping wine.......then took a dive. She was alright (except for her pride), but then exclaimed to her friend, "So THAT'S why you told me to bring sneakers today".

It's also fun to watch the barefooters. Every once in a while, if you stay in one spot (usually the benches near Cosmic Ray's), you will see people get fed up with wearing shoes, and take their shoes off. It usually only lasts a few steps.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Yes, we have seen them! Always good for a laugh...We usually comment, "I wonder where they THOUGHT they were going?.." Or else obviously a firsttimer....;)

DizNee143
05-18-2007, 11:46 AM
ive seen them too!!..and i dont want to be mean but i always laugh!!..lol..i really really wonder why some women do wear heels to the park...i know some women wear heels all the time for work and whatnot and to them it might not be that bad for them to be walking around all day for them...but its still rather amazing to see it!!..im sorry but when im at disney or anywhere where i know ill be walking a good amount i have my sneakers on!! plus thats pretty much the only kinda shoe i own!!

SBETigg
05-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I see it quite a bit, actually. In fact, it's something we look for because we see it so often. We call it the Inappropriate Footwear Game.

Yes! That is so great. I would play along. I've seen some high heels in the parks and I can't even begin to imagine suffering like that for the sake of looking good (only to end up looking pretty darn silly and a tad vain).

Now if it was Epcot and you were there to dine, and that much was obvious, forgiven(But still, ouch). But if you're walking around the MK in leopard print stilletto slingbacks(I've seen this!), I may laugh at you before giving a sympathy headshake and wondering how you'll feel at the end of the day.

jrpersinger
05-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Gulity as Charged!

Yes, I have done it. Not really over dressed, but I will wear platformed strapy snadles. I have actually had people come up to me and ask if my feet were killing me or not. But honestly, it doesn't bother me. I don't know if its because I wear some type of platform almost everyday of my life or what, but they just don't bother me. Now if its was infact some like insane 4" steep hill, then yeah. I would probably be crying!

If your at WDW the last week of June, I'll be the one in the Sassari Crocs! ;)

TiggerRPh
05-18-2007, 11:55 AM
People watching....one of the original E-ticket attractions.

:mickey:

dixielandings
05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
I did it once. But we were going to dinner at Alfredo's and I ended up getting engaged that night! Glad I was dressed for it. Otherwise, yeah, I join in heartily watching for (and making fun of:blush: ) people wearing bad choices of shoes and clothes. I learned my lesson a long time ago - in a theme Park, there's nothing better than comfort, so now I choose all my outfits based on how well they go with my New Balances! :thumbsup:

TIdoubleGR
05-18-2007, 12:28 PM
People watching....one of the original E-ticket attractions.

Could not agree more...and there's no better place to do it. :thumbsup:

Womble
05-18-2007, 12:31 PM
We call it the Inappropriate Footwear Game.

I thought DW and I were the only people to play this game!

We’ve found the best place for this game is in World Showcase an hour or two before Illuminations, especially when they have large areas closed off for corporate events. As well as the “high heel” we also look out for “men in suit n ties” (I think that is just for my DW).;)
Also after Illuminations we sometimes sit on a bench, while the masses leave the park and look for the “over indulged in alcohol” people, again a good portion of these do come from the corporate areas.

tink2006
05-18-2007, 12:51 PM
We met part of my family once at WDW. I tried to prepare my DH....Yes, my SIL wore heels the whole time :confused: Not stillettos but heels none the less. At that point, my DH realized why I was so worried about meeting my family at the world :blush:

lightyearfan
05-18-2007, 01:12 PM
oh ya we see this all the time and me and dw always get a laugh about it, you know what else cracks us up is when we see teenagers that are supporting the gothic look, all dressed up in black with chains hanging off them while the temparture is scorture, i guess that they'll suffer with heat just to make a statement huh?
but it's not just the teenagers i also cant figure out how poeple can wear long jeans, when it is sooo hot out there?? must go prepared shorts with a light colored tee and hat and enjoy

Victor

Jasper
05-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I guess some people have just not received the memo about what is appropriate clothing to wear at a theme park!!

Just like so many of you, we also enjoy people watching and seeing those people who are WAAAY over dressed! But while doing this we have also seen the ones that are WAAY underdressed! In my humble opinion, I would much rather someone overdress rather than underdress!!

offwego
05-18-2007, 01:18 PM

I would say at least once or twice a day I see a woman walking around either WAAAAY overdressed for a theme park or wearing like strappy sandals with a 4" heel or stillettos or something.

I find it amazing that some people can't stow their fashion addiction even to walk around Disney World! Ian, I guess you haven't read one of my trip reports have you?

Mind you I do try to keep it to platform or wedge styles but the shoes are a whole part of the look...plus I love the restaurants and we often will hit a park afterward. (however I will sometimes change at the locker in to less strappy shoes and or throw on a different sweater from my blazers etc)....If I have to give up decent coffee that's one thing..but shoes too?

Yes, we have seen them! Always good for a laugh...We usually comment, "I wonder where they THOUGHT they were going?.." Or else obviously a firsttimer....;) Or a 9 timer with a serious shoe issue..you just never know!

ive seen them too!!..and i dont want to be mean but i always laugh!!..lol..i really really wonder why some women do wear heels to the park...i know some women wear heels all the time for work and whatnot and to them it might not be that bad for them to be walking around all day for them...but its still rather amazing to see it!!..im sorry but when im at disney or anywhere where i know ill be walking a good amount i have my sneakers on!! plus thats pretty much the only kinda shoe i own!! I like them..and I do wear them all the time. Plus my wedge heels/platform sandals are way better made then my "sneakers" or flats as I buy a much better brand for them.

Plus if I don't lug down 15 (yes I said 15) pairs of shoes DH & DS would worry that something was wrong with me...

The last time I took all my fave fancy shoes I had no blisters..the time before I stuck to "runners/sneakers/teva's etc" and had 10 blisters..my feet are clearly trying to tell me something....:D

SBETigg
05-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes, I have done it. Not really over dressed, but I will wear platformed strapy snadles. If your at WDW the last week of June, I'll be the one in the Sassari Crocs! ;)

Well, yes, but when you or Natalie or other sensible INTERCOTEEs do it, you look so nice and we know you're pros at choosing the comfy heels. ;)

Honestly, I have several pairs of expensive, well-made heels and they would still kill my feet at the park. I'm really surprised anyone can pull it off. But more power to you if you can. You're a podiatrist's study dream.

krorx
05-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Yes, we saw a girl in stilletos going into Magic Kingdom on our trip last July. It took all of us aback. Who would want to wear stilletos to a theme park? She looked sort of ridiculous, but to each his own I guess.

KAT1811
05-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Okay I am certaily one of those vain people that can't leave all of my fabulous shoes at home. Stuart and Enzo travel everywhere with me. I don't wear them all day in the parks but I definaltely put them on with a seriously cute sundress for dinner at Epcot or Pleasure Island. On my last trip on e of the bus drivers stopped me while I was getting on to tell me that I looked beautiful. :blush: I guess I just like looking good. Confortable but good. I can wear my sneakers a lot but I do need a night or two with my heels. For a girl with a shoe fettish nothing makes me feel better than a great pair of shoes. So when I am feeling not so fabulous I go out and get a new pair of great shoes. Fortunately DH loves my shoes and supports my habit!

I also hate shorts and tend not to wear them unless they are very special and different. Mostly I wander around the parks in a cute skirt and tank top with my sneakers. (Always tasteful my miniskirt days are over. They should have an age limit on the tag. If you're not in your 20s you shouldn't be able to wear one.) Just because you're in a theme park doesn't mean you can't look great.

And I am a WDW vet. At least 25+ trips. I tend to play the "What were they thinking when they put that on?" game. I am amazed at what people will wear and think that it looks good.

P.S. I would never wear heels anywhere except dinner or out at night. Never in the MK or any park while touring. Even I have my limits.

ASweetLov
05-18-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm guilty here. I wore my victorias secret platform flip flops to WDW last year and am doing it again this July. They are about 3 inches tall. My feet were just fine and no I didnt dress fancy, just jean capris and tshirts. They are just flip flops but a bit higher and since I never wear flat shoes because I am extremelly short always somekind of platform it was very comfortable to walk on:mickey:

Sharon1026
05-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Are you kidding? I LOVE wearing my Jimmy Choos on Kali River Rapids!!

NOT!

Those people amaze me.

Also the folks who don't put on sunscreen and end up being beet red near the end of the day. Just how you want to end your first day at the parks... with 6 more days to go out in the sun...

k_reile
05-18-2007, 02:38 PM
it wouldn't suprise me that someone would do that. I have a need to be comfy...like the women on the airplane all dressed up and in their heels...I need to have my comfy clothes on the plane

kakn7294
05-18-2007, 02:50 PM
All I have to say is God bless you women who can wear high heels all day long as I can't stand them for more than 5 minutes! I don't like any dress shoes at all, not even flats. Well, that's kind of a lie. I love shoes and they look great and all, but they hurt my feet so bad I'm nearly in tears - even the most expensive ones. I wear my crocs or flip-flops all of the time - even to church. BTW, my BIL is one of those who always wears jeans - I don't think he even owns shorts. And my Dad would be just like him if my Mom didn't make him wear shorts.

prttynpnk
05-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I tried to be frisky on my 1st trip with my best friend- we packed our finery and tried to change for dinner, but by day 2 my dogs were barking so much that it was sneakers for the duration.
So from then on, the crowds just have to suffer with the blinding glare of my pasty white gams- I'm over being Carrie Bradshaw!

SallyfromDE
05-18-2007, 03:55 PM
You can usually pick out the Europeans. The older ladies wear the hose and heels. (I don't mean the flip flop or casual wear). And in transit (like the airport or buses) you can find the men wearing a sports jacket.

Dopey's Girl
05-18-2007, 03:55 PM
My SIL did when we were in MK in December...needless to say, I don't think she had much fun!

I on the other hand am on a constant quest for all things comfy! No heals on me!

jrpersinger
05-18-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm guilty here. I wore my victorias secret platform flip flops to WDW last year and am doing it again this July. They are about 3 inches tall. My feet were just fine and no I didnt dress fancy, just jean capris and tshirts. They are just flip flops but a bit higher and since I never wear flat shoes because I am extremelly short always somekind of platform it was very comfortable to walk on:mickey:

Thats me! I am short. Well short in my cicle of life. I am 5' 4". My DH is 6' 1". I fit perfectly into his armpit without some kind of lift!

I wear my platforms typically with capris or gouchos and a tshirt or tanktop. Most of mine are "cotton" material. Dockers or something along those lines... I only own 1 pair of jean capris and 2 actual pair of blue jeans. I don't own a skirt or skort. So, even my platforms are comfy. My boots in the fall/winter are too.

Now, you will see me sporting Nikes and Birkis from time to time too. I love yoga suits. I am a busy mom and really active in sports with the girls. So thats when I tend to break out the real comfort clothes.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-18-2007, 04:37 PM
We go for comfy in the parks, no matter how it looks (although DH did "forget" to pack my camp hat one year, he said if I really wanted a hat he'd buy me a new one).

We're a Crocs and Teva's type of family anyways, but there is nothing else that I would even think of wearing while touring the World. You're going to be on your feet for 10+ hours most of the time, so it has to be comfy.

I worry most about the girls who are entering the park with little strappy sandals, no support, bare shoulders, which are already starting to turn red...looking good just isn't worth that much!

mickey&missy
05-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't even wear heels to a wedding or party! Sneakers and crocs are about the only footwear you'll find me in at the park!

My favorite is the people who DH and I say are "under dressed" You, know what I'm talking about! The people who aren't leaving very much to the imagination! Its a family environment people!

Melanie
05-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Come on over to Tokyo Disneyland. I was one of the few women NOT in heels! :yes:

Jen66
05-18-2007, 08:42 PM
I wear heels every day to work and in most of my off time unless I am working out or in my flower beds. I like a little heel on all of my sandals, but I did break down and buy a pair of sporty Clark sandal for our upcoming WDW trip.
To me, comfortable shoes tend to be unattractive. IMHO, and I know I will be shunned by many, Crocs are the ugliest shoes that I have ever seen. I know that they are supposed to be extremely comfy, but I see them and hear Stacy and Clinton from What Not to Wear in my head every time!!!:D

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
05-18-2007, 09:36 PM
For the record, we are people watchers too and love to see those folks. My sis is brave enough to take photos! I remember seeing a young lady who looked like she might be a dancer due to her very short shorts and lucite high heels. I wonder how much she enjoyed her summer day in MK???

minnie1956
05-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Oh my gosh, people watching is my favorite activity down there nest to the rides! I wear these nifty Columbia sandals and gym shoes.
It is such a hoot to see someone prancing in their heels early in the morning. Then when you see them later in the day walking sooooo much slower, you know they did not make a good choice that day!
My days of "being cute" are behind me, I enjoy looking good, being comfy and having a great time. 26 more days and I can hardly stand it!!
:woohoo: :woohoo:

KAT1811
05-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Now I also have a new hobby on our upcoming trip. This takes my fashion policing to a whole new level. DD10 is going to have a blast with this, she is a fashion police cadet. The Norstrom shoe depatrment is her favorite so far!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-18-2007, 11:26 PM
I used to wear nothing less than a 3" heel. I even wore wedgie heels to the parks. And yeah, my feet hurt. That was when I was young and foolish. Now, being older and wiser, I wear sneakers or my (not stylish) Tevas. And my feet still hurt at the end of the day! But not nearly as much.

Melanie
05-19-2007, 04:17 AM
Moderator Alert!!
Folks, please remember we don't allow listing of other sites. You may want to review the Terms of Service. Thank you!

Ian
05-19-2007, 09:24 AM
IMHO, and I know I will be shunned by many, Crocs are the ugliest shoes that I have ever seen. I know that they are supposed to be extremely comfy, but I see them and hear Stacy and Clinton from What Not to Wear in my head every time!!!:DI'm sorry, but I'm with you here. I don't care how comfortable those things are. NOTHING could be worth walking around in them.

I look at people wearing them in public and think, "Don't you own a mirror???"

pink
05-19-2007, 10:53 AM
My family and I also have a game similar to pointing out those who where high heels in the parks. My dad always wears loafers to DW?? :confused: My mom and I thought it was the strangest thing so now we make it a tradition to count how many people are wearing loafers and it's usually only about 2 or 3 people a day.

kakn7294
05-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm with you here. I don't care how comfortable those things are. NOTHING could be worth walking around in them.

I look at people wearing them in public and think, "Don't you own a mirror???"
Yep, I own a mirror and I wear my crocs anyway! :D We've all seen people wearing far worse than crocs. I know I've seen some sights that had me wanting to gouge out my eyes! :eyes: :jaw:

Ian
05-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Yep, I own a mirror and I wear my crocs anyway! :D We've all seen people wearing far worse than crocs. I know I've seen some sights that had me wanting to gouge out my eyes! :eyes: :jaw:Kathy, Kathy ... didn't your Mother ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right??? ;)

Sharon1026
05-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Yep, I own a mirror and I wear my crocs anyway! :D We've all seen people wearing far worse than crocs. I know I've seen some sights that had me wanting to gouge out my eyes! :eyes: :jaw:

Good for you! I don't own croc's, but I do wear sneakers and columbia sport sandals that have arch support. People who don't wear good shoes for walking around (meaning designed to keep your feet/body properly aligned) are going to have medical problems with their feet when they are older. I wear a suit and nice shoes every day to work and that is enough for me. Sorry, but "looking good" for strangers at the park??? Shallowness or self esteem issues. To each their own. I'm sure their future podiatrist will be grateful for their footwear choices.

DisneyorBust
05-19-2007, 06:03 PM
We have a variation of this theme, it's something that we started noticing a couple of trips ago.
Men wearing "Manpri's" (my terminology) these are a man's version of Capri's.:D
Men wearing short shorts, if your old enough, think back to the styles from the 1980's!:ack:
Socks and sandles, particularly the black, knee high dress socks with any type of sandle.:confused:
For me in WDW, it's comfort first, a good pair of broken in running shoes. My DW started wearing Croc's last year and it was the first year without blisters for her.

jillluvsdisney
05-19-2007, 06:05 PM
What a great topic.

When I am WDW, I always find myself looking at people's footwear. I often wonder how some people can walk at the end of the day. :confused:

TheRustyScupper
05-19-2007, 06:33 PM
1) Frankly, I like women wearing high heels.
2) Park or no park.
3) Business or casual.
4) Let us not discourage such activity.

BelleCiavo
05-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Men wearing short shorts, if your old enough, think back to the styles from the 1980's!:ack:

Ooh, but Tom Selleck made it look gooood. ;)

iceicebritney
05-19-2007, 10:04 PM
there's no reason you cant wear heels in the park... there are no rides that make it difficult to wear them, like at Universal where it would be difficult to ride the coasters in them.

there are those of us who like to get dressed up to go out to eat or spend the evening in the parks... but i guess different strokes for different folks

snifflesmcg
05-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Oh, I call it "people watching". I LOVE seeing somebody with the wrong dress or heels in the park. "Who are you trying to impress?????" I just shake my head. I guess they don't realize they are on VACATION and it's so much better to relax because you will probably never see any of these people ever again. I'll never understand a shoe fetish!

Donald A
05-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm sure their future podiatrist will be grateful for their footwear choices.

Speaking as a podiatrist, it sounds like there are some people out there who will require the services of our humble profession ;)

prttynpnk
05-20-2007, 07:39 AM
People watching for footwear is a lot more palatable than 'spot the person who needs a foundation garment' like we usually play! ;)

LibertyTreeGal
05-20-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't have time to read through everyone's answers, but I have pics of my family at DL when I was a child and most people were dressed fancier. Going to DL wasn't the casual affair that it is now, it was a big deal and people dressed up very nicely. Not only was my mom dressed up with her hair done, but she also sported high heels -- while pregnant!

Although I'm glad we don't have to go formal, I am sort of nostalgic for the days when people saw DL as a reason to get gussied up :mickey:

gueli
05-20-2007, 09:19 AM
I do love to people watch.:thumbsup:
I hope that people wear what they are comfortable in, looks not withstanding. Its obvious that the younger set is usually looking to impress (who- why anyone who is cute, why they are on vacation after all), while many with more experience are dressed sensibly and more often then not stylishly.
I am one who is not into skin cancer (My father has had it), I do not worship the sun, but I love to swim. So covering up- even with sunscreen- is important to me.
Ladies & Gents- enjoy the show. Wether it is people or an attraction (or are some people thinking they are the attraction? lol)

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-20-2007, 11:59 AM
We always people watch too...mostly for footwear. Not sure why? Just wondering if they are comfortable in some of their choices. Too each their own, of course.

Our family chooses the most comfortable. Good running sneakers (we find them most comfortable), lightweight shorts and shirts and ball caps. My DD wears a floppy, big brimmed sun hat.

Dressed to impress is not what you would describe us...lol. Comfy and casual is more like it! :mickey:

Sharon1026
05-20-2007, 12:48 PM
1) Frankly, I like women wearing high heels.
2) Park or no park.
3) Business or casual.
4) Let us not discourage such activity.

Well, in that case, men need to start wearing tuxedos to the park. Even then, the footwear would still be more comfortable than heels.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-20-2007, 02:09 PM
We have a variation of this theme, it's something that we started noticing a couple of trips ago.
Men wearing "Manpri's" (my terminology) these are a man's version of Capri's.:D
Socks and sandles, particularly the black, knee high dress socks with any type of sandle.:confused: .
People watching is fun! I pretend I'm writing out "fashion tickets", to my DD's and DH's amusement...However, when it gets up to the nineties, and we're dragging from exhaustion, we really don't care what anybody thinks, either! Alternating Nikes and flipflops works for me. DD and I have been known to wear cute Disney PJ's to grab a late supper at the food court at the resorts.:blush:

AliceinDisney
05-22-2007, 12:31 PM
I would wear heels to the parks if I was going to a nice restaurant in the evening and dressing up a bit. Other than that I'm happy cute flats are in vogue right now, I can buy a couple cute pairs and wear them with capris and a pretty top and I'm good to go! No reason to look sloppy but its good to be sensible too :)

Belle--86
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Could not agree more...and there's no better place to do it. :thumbsup:

I have to also agree with you both==when we need to rest little we sit awhile and people watch.:)

bleukarma
05-22-2007, 01:38 PM
I was faced with the scary decision to wear heels or not when my exBF and I went to the dressy Party for the Senses last year. I just couldn’t do it. I chose a nice, cute flat instead. I kept imagining my walk through Epcot in heels and wondering how sore my feet were going to be at the end of the night and I didn’t want sore feet to ruin my evening. But I’m not one that wears heels everyday. I know a lot of girls that are more comfy in heels then in sneakers. Honestly that night I wish I was one of those girls because I wanted to look good for the Party, but it all worked out in the end!

Now on a “normal” trip to the world I’m in my jogging sneakers and jeans. I don’t do shorts at parks, I’m a jeans person. I have big hips and the blisters on the inside of my thighs from the shorts rubbing on them hurts worse then feet blisters!

Also, I can’t help but cringe when I see socks with sandals!!! Socks are NOT supposed to be worn with sandals people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only that, but you get a sock tan line.

SurferStitch
05-22-2007, 02:30 PM
I almost always wear a 2" or 3" wedge/platform sandal in the parks (usually around 3"). I am short (5'-3"), and am not comfortable in flats. I am completely flat footed (no arch whatsoever), and am very comfortable in higher heeled shoes.

I have other sandals that aren't quite so high, and I do wear them, too. I always need some sort of heel to walk comfortably. I rarely wear sneakers....just not any more comfy than sandals for me.

I don't get dressy in the parks, but I always wear nice shorts/bermuda shorts/capris in the parks, with a nice top and shoes. I always wear jewelry with my outfits that pulls everything together. Definitely not overdone, but not a typical tee and shorts. I just like to look put together in our pics, and still be comfy doing it.

goofysbabe
05-22-2007, 02:34 PM
I have to laugh at this thread - everytime we are in the parks and I see someone with high heels on I look at my husband and say why, why, why???? If you watch any shows on Disney - Tokeyo their are in heels there. I know I wouldn't be caught dead in heels at a theme park - I can barely keep up with my kids now:)

indytraveler
05-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Waaaay overdressed not often, waaaay underdressed with high heels fairly often. 6-7 years back I witnessed at rope drop a "European" woman with short short shorts and 4" heels. Fashion police could have gotten her on either front (or back) I suppose. Saw her at 10:30 heading out of the park talking about her feet I believe, because shoes were off and husband was nodding and asking why did you wear them then.

Wolf
05-22-2007, 08:41 PM
oh ya we see this all the time and me and dw always get a laugh about it, you know what else cracks us up is when we see teenagers that are supporting the gothic look, all dressed up in black with chains hanging off them while the temparture is scorture, i guess that they'll suffer with heat just to make a statement huh?

Victor

HAHAHA Guilty! Our first trip was back in 03 during my "angsty-goth phase" First day EPCOT in huge wide leg pants with little strap things that everyone in the park stepped on at least once...Accompanied with HUGE heavy and hideous black combat boots. I'll never understand how my mother didnt want to shoot me. When we went in Oct. last year as soon as we walked into EPCOT and there was a adorable goth couple (early 20s I'd guess) and I just gave mom the "thats exactly how I looked back then isnt it?" look. LOL it was funny.
Since then I've reformed my way and always wear the most comfy t-shirts/tanks and blue jeans or shorts with tennis shoes or crocs.
When I tried out for Americas Next Top Model I wore heels for the first time and my feet hurt for a week. I dont know how anyone could do it!!!

battle beast
05-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Lol! :d

PirateLover
05-22-2007, 10:50 PM
There are a few things about this thread that made me laugh.

The first thing I thought of was the Paris Hilton doppleganger that we saw getting onto Living with the Land. She had huge wedge strappy sandals... I'd say about 5-6 inches, no lie. Of course they matched her purse AND her top! This was early in the morning. We saw her again later on in the day at World Showcase and she looked bored out of her mind.

The second thing I laugh about is everyone who says they have to wear heels because they are short! I am just under 5'3'' and my bf is 6ft. I'll wear a kitten heel out on the town but that's about it. I don't mind being nuzzled in his armpit. He wears deodorant and my head fits in nicely there ;) I bought a small pair of heels to wear to Pleasure Island but we never got there. The only time I cared about being short at WDW was when I had trouble seeing over the crowd to watch the Jack Sparrow pirate tutorial!

And as far as fashion goes, I've definitely gotten lax on that. I look at pictures from when I was 16 and then I look at pictures from our last trip and there is a world of a difference. We took the majority of our pictures when we were drinking around the world in Epcot and I looked pretty bad that day. I had on bright blue mesh shorts, a red tank top, and a maroon Phillies hat that I started wearing backwards at night. But at this point I just want to be comfortable. Fashion goes out the window for me at WDW, sorry!

Mickey91
05-22-2007, 11:16 PM
We have seen several ladies wearing very high spiked heals and decked out like they were going to a party. The one coming to mind was in line at Dumbo. I can't imagine walking all the way down Main Street USA coming into the park in heals, let alone go all day!:walk:

KAT1811
05-23-2007, 09:06 AM
doppleganger

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I had on bright blue mesh shorts, a red tank top, and a maroon Phillies hat that I started wearing backwards at night.

:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:

Ms.Disney
05-23-2007, 11:25 AM
We were at the MK Sunday and there was a girl between 13-15 wearing a pair of 5 inch wedge heels :sick: :confused: my first thought was "whats wrong with the mother how could she allow this" (of course her to short of a skirt did not help this look) anyway we saw them about 3 hours later and the poor girl was trying to walk of the sides of the feet and was moving like a snail. I am sure her next trip she will make a better shoe choice. :mickey:

glenpreece
05-23-2007, 11:30 AM
When we spent a few days with my Aunt last Sept at MK and then MNSSHP she wores heels the whole time! My mom asked her why and she said she never wears flats. even at home heels all the time. She is like a size 2 so it's not hard on her back. Hey if you can rock the heels at WDW more power too you, just don't complian when you've got blisters and a sore back. Us guys are lucky cause we just got flats and only flats lol!

PirateLover
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

It's just a fancy way for saying look-a-like. :thumbsup:

LilOrmstonViolet38
05-23-2007, 01:52 PM
other than maybe when i go to PI or Boardwalk i would NEVER wear heels at WDW and even then i doubt i do! i'm am the type of person that you will see sporting a cute jean skort (i like the shorts underneath for a less showy view in case i sit "unladylike" :secret: ) and a tank with flat Old Navy sandles. i love thong sandles and wear them all the time! and when it's not blistering warm out i wear well broken in tennies... so comfy even if not very fashionable, at least i have no blisters!

and when i read about all these people wearing heels all over Disney i think their poor backs! whether it makes it hurt or not it throws your back out a little to wear them for heavy walking or daily... nope not worth it to me... i care too much about my health to care about my looks...