PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions? Advice?

LibertyTreeGal
05-18-2007, 10:45 AM
I am 10 days away from doing my ADR's, YES! I got shot down on both Yachtsman and Jiko, because the family wants to try Narcooses instead.

Here are my plans so far (after 6 months of waffling about it)

Day 1 -- dinner at Le Cellier (never been there)
Day 2 -- dinner at 50's PTC (for my FIL, the big sweet lug!)
Day 3 -- lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (my WDW "must-do")
Day 4 -- dinner at Bomas
Day 5 -- Hoop Dee Doo (oop)
Day 6 -- Narcooses
Day 7 -- Spoodles

I've done the others, but Le Cellier, Narcooses and Spoodles are new for me -- I have thought about replacing Spoodles with OHanas (never been there either) but I don't know which would be better.

Thanks!

offwego
05-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Are you on the DDP? Narcosse's is a two TS meal. (I'm pretty sure you know that but just in case)

I love Ohana's but it's not at all the same kind of the thing as Spoodles so don't know if it's the right switch out.

Plus with Boma's, hoop de doo and LTT you have a few family style or buffet's and may be craving a true sit down order off a menu feel by then. (but that's up to you of course).

I think your plans look like a great mix of thing to appeal to a family. I hope you have a great time!!!

LibertyTreeGal
05-18-2007, 01:06 PM
Yep. we're on the DDP -- we are doing Hoop Dee Doo out of pocket, which either left us doing two sit downs in one day :ack: or splurging -- so we decided to splurge.

We're doing LTT for lunch, so really our only buffet is Bomas -- which has such an awesome assortment that I don't even consider it a buffet :cloud9: and Hoop Dee Doo -- I can hrdly remember the food, I go for the fun ;)

offwego
05-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Sounds like you really have thought of it all then!

(And a big sorry for the rating..apparently I accidently rated this one star without noticing my most humble apologies I don't use the ratings and must have hit it when I scrolled down to reread your post...so sorry):(

LibertyTreeGal
05-18-2007, 01:12 PM
ROTFL -- no biggie -- I never would have noticed, I never look at those starts. No harm, no foul :D

BrerSchultzy
05-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Spoodles v. Ohanas, huh? Well, I personally would vote for Ohanas, but my family really likes the family style meals. And, I never have much luck traveling to and from the Boardwalk. Either way, it's a nice dilemma to have. Bon Appetit! :mickey:

BrerSchultzy
05-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I thought I'd add a rating to balance you out...

so now you're AVERAGE!!!! :congrats:

KAT1811
05-18-2007, 11:10 PM
I've done Spoodles and it was okay. It was about 4 years ago and I don't remember it being all that fabulous. With that being said everyone on here absolutly raves about O'hana so I'd say go with O'hana instead of Spoodles. We are trying O'hana for the first time since I was a little girl this year so I'll let you know how it goes. FYI O'hana books up pretty fast. I could only get a 5:15pm reservation.

Here we go again...
05-18-2007, 11:34 PM
My family loves 'Ohana... We never miss it on any trip. Why don't you do a poll for 'Ohana and Spoodles?

iceicebritney
05-19-2007, 10:13 PM
ohanas is a must do - best meal we've ever had. we could eat there every nite! the best part is they bring everything right from the fire pit to you - you dont have to get up at all.

definetly switch out spoodles, its terrible!

LibertyTreeGal
05-19-2007, 11:36 PM
ooooh, thanks BrerSchultzy, I love being average :)

Anyway, I talked to DH and we are definitely going to dump Spoodles in favor of Ohanas -- I am excited to see what all the excitement is about.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Mickey91
05-20-2007, 12:25 AM
We have eaten at Ohanas and loved it.

Also, you will be very pleased with Le Cellier. :mickey: