PDA

View Full Version : Wishes etc

vamaggie
05-18-2007, 07:42 AM
This Nov will be our first trip when all the kids may be able to stay up for the nighttime activities. I know that Wishes is the MK fireworks. What are SpectroMagic and Fantasmic? Are either good for littler kids (DD4)? Do you need special tickets/reservations for these and if so are they hard to get (or can we wait to see if she is able to stay up and not be cranky closer to the trip?)
Any info about this is appreciated!!

Figment!
05-18-2007, 08:31 AM
The following should help:
SpectroMagic Parade (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../themeparks/magickingdom/mainstreet/spectromagic/default.asp)
Fantasmic! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../themeparks/disneystudios/sunset/fantasmic/default.asp)
Fantasmic! Dinner Package (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/fantasmic.asp)

DDuck66
05-18-2007, 09:30 AM
I would highly recommend the Fantasmic dinner package!! You get special seating and do not have to stand in line for an hour. We always do the package when we go to see Fantasmic.
Spectromagic is a parade, usually right before the Wishes fireworks. All of the floats and charecters are lit up with lights. It has some great music and helps entertain the youngsters while waiting for the fireworks.

TennesseeTink
05-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Both are wonderful for children and are included in your regular park admission :thumbsup:

Spectromagoc is my favorite of all the Disney parades. All of the floats are brilliantly lit up and the music is joyfully infectious. This one delights kids of all ages.

We love Fantasmic as well. The show centers around a good vs.evil story that may be a little over DD4's head, but she'll love the water effects, fireworks, water parade, and of course Mickey! I would also recommend the dinner package. The theatre fills up rather quickly, but if you do the dinner package, you enter the theatre by a side entrance and are seated in a reserved area. Pretty neat! Also it doesn't cost extra for you to do this. They will ask you for a CC# to reserve the dinner package but nothing is charged.

Have fun!!

Womble
05-18-2007, 12:53 PM
If your DD likes fireworks then she will most likely enjoy Fantasmic and Wishes. Some children don’t always like the noise or music, which if you sit/stand in the wrong place can be loud.

For Wishes and SpectroMagic you just have to pick your spot and wait, Fantasmic is in an arena so you either have to turn up early or make use of the Fantasmic dinner package.

Don’t forget Illuminations at Epcot, which is still one of my favourite "fireworks to music" displays.

jenperich
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Personally, I think Spectromagic is one of my most favorite memories of WDW. It's actually the Main St. Electrical Parade, but that's not around anymore. That parade is just so magical and beautiful! Your child(ren) will LOVE that parade. Fantasmic might be a little scary for them. It's loud and involves Disney villains. But, if they can handle it, it's a wonderful and exciting show. You may even find yourself cheering at the end! Have a great time either way. You'll love both shows.

reneeandmark
05-18-2007, 03:49 PM
In 2003 hubby and I took our DD(7) DS(5) and sister and her hubby took their DD(5) to celebrate our adoptions. THEY LOVED ALL THESE. They were not afriad at all of the villains and the effects were incredible. They actually begged to stay and see it again (of course, they did not know understand it only happens once a night). I would highly recommend ALL and hope you have a great time.

vamaggie
05-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback. I think we may try Wishes on our first night and see how DD reacts. If she does well, we may try to do Fantasmic another night.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-18-2007, 11:43 PM
These shows can get kind of loud, but if she likes regular fireworks, she'll be fine. And depending when you go in Nov. in may not be too crowded.
Spectromagic is a great parade. And don't forget to check out Illuminations if you have time.

scootch713
05-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Spectromagic is my girls favorite thing at Disney, we even changed our dates this year so we could see it twice. You have to find a seat in november about 30-45 min before hand, but well worth it. My girls did ok at age 4 watching fantasmic, but they have not wanted to go back. they are 5 and 7 now.... not sure if we will do fantasmic this year or not. Wishes we catch every chance we can and like i said, spectromagic is the #1 attaction for them.

dumbo ears
05-19-2007, 11:39 AM
spectromagic is a great parade at MK. you don't need any tickets or anything for it. just show up. i have never seen fantasmic but from what ive heard all you need to do is just show up for one of the shows.

mrs.jacksparrow
05-19-2007, 05:28 PM
We don't have spectromagic in our schedule.
We could change something and not see illuminations and see spectro instead one night do you think we should do that, Of course that would mean we will not see illuminations we can't do both.:confused: :confused:

My son is 5

Meteora
05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
If you can only do one or the other, I'd do Spectromagic followed by Wishes. That way you get the parade and the fireworks. Illuminations is fabulous, but if you spend the night in MK you get a two-for-one.

I love Fantasmic, but there is one particular part that I think would be very scary for children. It involves a scarier Disney movie moment being projected onto a water screen. There are also very loud noises. Just know your kids--if they scare easy, hold off for a few more years.

vamaggie
05-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Well DD looked at pics of Fantasmic (as she calls it "Mickey & the dragon") and said she wants to go so we booked the dinner package (Mama Melrose). I figure that we can try to get "easy our" seats and if she (or DS) doesn't like it, just bail. She also keeps asking to see the witch again (another pic she saw) so hopefully she won't be scared.

tplmarc
05-21-2007, 03:54 AM
Yeah if your kids are young and your staying for wishes might as well watch spectromagic before hand. It is a nice nighttime parade featuring all of the classic disney characters followed by wishes! Fantasmic is probably the best over all show/fireworks very loud and overwhelming for some little ones though! Illuminations is the other night time show for little ones this one is a very skipable it doesnt feature any disney related characters. Dont get me wrong this is in no way a bad firework show it is one of the best actually.

mrs.jacksparrow
05-21-2007, 04:30 PM
:mickey: okay I'm confused now :confused:

maybe I should mention our night scheudle

wed. arrival late afternoon WL ...camp fire at FW
thursday - MK (but no wishes this nite on the Oct schedule ) water pagent from hotel
Friday- (son in hotel babysitting big kids nite out pleasure island)
Sat. - DTD Circe Du Soele at night
Sun- Fantasmic dinner package
Mon- Halloween party
Tuesday - Epcot illumination :confused: This is the only night we really can switch to see the spectro magic parade:confused: but I will be giving up Marrekesh ADR too.

Wed- home 8:30 pm BOO HOO

Anyone think I should make it a point to see spectro magic on tuesday?????

vamaggie
05-22-2007, 07:51 AM
From what I have read, Illuminations is not really Disney themed (did I read correctly?) but a good fireworks show and good music. Could you do Illuminations on Friday on your night out before Pleasure Island and do Spectro/Wishes with son on Tuesday?

Meteora
05-22-2007, 07:42 PM
It looks like Wishes won't be the issue if you're going to the Halloween party. IIRC, they have a showing of Wishes there, and a Halloween parade.

So it's mostly about Spectromagic. It's a great parade, but in this case I'd say keep your ADR, do Illuminations, and save Spectromagic for your next trip. It's always nice to have new things to do.

mrs.jacksparrow
05-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the advise I think we will skip spectromagic parade this year. I was just having a hard time with it beacause the electric light parade in DL was the thing I remember most about disney as a kid. :mickey: