PDA

View Full Version : Question - guest/castmember experiences and stories

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey y'all! I sent the site admins here a question about this, but I'd like to get some thoughts from all of you on this.

I recently went through a mini seminar by an author who wrote a book about 9 1/2 (10) things you'd do differently if Disney ran your company. This guy was a healthcare VP for many years, then a marketing VP at Disney for a short time.

He basically started each chapter with a story about how Disney handles certain issues, then went on to apply that to the business world.

I found myself skimming through the chapters to get to the stories, because there were so many great stories about guest and castmember experiences. So, knowing that, although Intercot is a GREAT Disney website, there are other websites and podcasts, I searched for more. I found a few, but was a bit disappointed.

I believe that there is very much to be said of sharing the magic of great castmember and guest experiences at ALL of the Disney locations, and I think it's too good of a thing to bury in one thread here.

I've thought about trying to get a column going, or either developing my own website devoted to just sharing castmember and guest stories of how the Disney magic is brought to life (not really trip reports).

An example is that I once saw a Disney bus driver who, in the middle of the Florida heat, did a fantastic job of distracting guests from the hot bus ride by leading sing alongs, telling interactive jokes, and getting riders to introduce themselves. He also got off the bus and "bowed" to little girls in princess dresses as they left, and wished us a magical day. The neat thing is that he remembered our names from when we introduced ourselves, and he called each one of us by name.

So, what would you think about doing something like this? I know I LOVE reading the stories I could find, but I think I could do a good job of collecting and sharing those stories so that all of you could read as many of them as were shared.

(I really hope this doesn't violate the Intercot TOS, and if it does, I'm really sorry)

Mickey91
05-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I think it sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe an Intercot Imagineer will give you a special spot on the site to do it!:mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
05-18-2007, 09:57 AM
You should consider taking that idea to book form. You know those souvenir type books that have the big pictures of the World, with info and history about the park? It could be like that - imagine a picture of a bus driver bowing to a little princess girl on one page, and the story on the other. :mickey:

If you design your own website, maybe you could talk to Intercot about having a link here for it.

angedeaile
05-18-2007, 10:04 AM
That sounds like a great idea! I sure hope it is taken into consideration.

brad192
05-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I've actually started a collection of tales from Guests & CM's. I've got about 2 dozen short stories so far, a few from Intercot, and the rest from various other Disney sites. Some are hilarious :laughing: , some make you reach quickly for the tissue box :cry: , but all show why Disney is so special. I started the collection to show my friends why I am such a nut for all things Disney. I let a few of them read it, and they all liked it. Alas, I did receive a bit of grief about making them all weepy & misty eyed...:thedolls:

I think your idea is great! :thumbsup:

05-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks y'all! I'm actually going to try and get something up over the weekend. It probably won't be the final version, but I'd appreciate it if y'all could help me by sharing those stories and passing the word to other Disney fans.

Seriously, I really loved reading the stories that I found on the net, and I think you will too.

05-22-2007, 10:13 PM
OK, I think this may violate the TOS, but I'm going to try it anyway, because I need all the help I can get.

I know it's a very simple site right now, but I think there's a need for a place like this dedicated to stories of the Disney experience. It's a work in progress, but here it is:

www.memoriesofthemagic.com

Again, I'm sorry if this violates the TOS, and I still want to be a part of Intercot. I think there's room for all of us, and I need all the help I can get building and growing my site.