PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekend Questions

Catwillow
05-18-2007, 12:10 AM
What would be the recommendation of all the "seasoned" Star Wars MGM weekend warriors as to where to go and what to do on the opening day of the first weekend??? Where would be the BEST viewing of the parade??
:darth: :trooper: :ewok: :chewy: :yoda: :darth:
Kathleen

CaptSmee
05-18-2007, 01:19 AM
I would say it depends on if you want autographs first. If you do, then hitting the fastpass machines for an autograph timeslot first thing is a must. The parade is easily viewable from just about anywhere around the route (It think it starts at Star Tours and goes down the main street towards the entrance). I got a great viewing location by the wait time boards last year.

Other than that, the biggest line you'll see is at the merchandise store. We hit at later in the evening when there is a lot less people around, but they will be out of a lot of the limited edition collectibles.

Carol
05-18-2007, 07:51 AM
The parade runs the opposite way and ends at Star Tours. I suggest watching from the area by Sounds Dangerous and the theater. :)

Definitely get in line for autograph Fast Passes first. They will usually let guests in to start the lines before the park officially opens. Once the park opens the line moves quickly. It's one FastPass per person. If you want the other celebrity - you'll have to get in that line thereafter.

If you want to sign up for any of the trivia challenges run there next. The table is usually across from the Sound Stage. Registration is limited and fills up fast.

Then hit the merchandise shop. :shop:

Check the times guide for the shows and go from there. You'll have to coordinate wisely in order to catch everything - but it is a do not miss. The talk show midday is always fun to be a part of.

Have fun. :yoda:

JRocker
05-18-2007, 08:33 AM
The path of the parade is usually the same. But they seem to change it up as far as which direction it travels.

I have seen it three times going towards the entrance of the park, and one time going towards Star Tours.

I usually catch it at the main street.

If you want any autographs, be inside the park when it opens and get in line for the fast passes. There will be seperate lines for each 'star' that will be there. The fast pass lines for these will be the longest line that you stand in your entire stay. Although, I must say that they have gotten better managed over the years.

TIGGER17179
05-18-2007, 10:53 AM
If you are interested in getting any of the limited edition items for sale- hit that first! Those items go fast! There is also more than one location that sale the items not just the store with the ride.
The parade is viewable from anywhere really.. I usually get close the gate where you come in. Seems to be more room and not so many people.