05-17-2007, 09:42 PM
and which do you think are worth it?
i love AP (2 times and again in Sept)
Jiko was good filet (twice)
Brown Derby i liked it
Ca Grill my first time will be on May 30th

Seasonscraps
05-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I have only been to Yachtsman Steakhouse and feel it is worth the 2 pts.

HndrdPrcnt
05-18-2007, 12:42 AM
I continue to return to the CA Grill on each of my trips. My DW and I LOVE IT!!! We will be back again on our next trip. Get a sitter for the kids and enjoy a nice romantic dinner together as the fireworks from Wishes explode at eye-level with the lights dimmed and the music playing in the restaurant. A GREAT time!

nellyj
05-18-2007, 07:25 AM
hi,
we are about to do our adr's and were thinking about california grill. is it a good place for our 8yr old daughter. she's very very good when eating out. and what time ressie would you all recommend for the fireworks?
also, is there any other 2 ts restaurants would be suitable for her to go to? i've been thinking about brown derby with the fantasmic package.
any advice at all would be great.
thanks
helen x

big blue and hairy
05-18-2007, 07:29 AM
hi,
we are about to do our adr's and were thinking about california grill. is it a good place for our 8yr old daughter. she's very very good when eating out. and what time ressie would you all recommend for the fireworks?
also, is there any other 2 ts restaurants would be suitable for her to go to? i've been thinking about brown derby with the fantasmic package.
any advice at all would be great.
thanks
helen x
If your daughter enjoys that kind of dining, yes it would be good for her.

I would get an ADR about 45 minutes before the scheduled time for the fireworks.

:sulley:

nellyj
05-18-2007, 07:35 AM
okey dokey....i'll book california grill. i'm still undecided on brown derby though.
thanks for the info x
helen x

Natazu
05-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Worth it:
California Grill
Narcoossee's
Citrico's
Brown Derby
Artist Point
Jiko
Flying Fish
SOA

Not Worth it:
Cindy's
Hoop-De-Doo
Mickey's Back Yard BBQ
Yachtsman

jefmblrd
05-18-2007, 09:23 AM
I've eaten at 3. Here's how I would rank them...

1. If you don't eat anywhere else on Disney property, make sure you eat at California Grill; it is incredible. The food-especially the sushi appetizer is incredible and the view of the Magic Kingdom is amazing.

2. Narcoossee's is worth 2 TS credits as well. The food is fabulous and the view is too.

3. Jiko is also worth 2 TS credits. The food was great and service okay.

Bruegge
05-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Worth it:
California Grill
Narcoossee's
Citrico's
Brown Derby
Artist Point
Jiko
Flying Fish
SOA

Not Worth it:
Cindy's
Hoop-De-Doo
Mickey's Back Yard BBQ
Yachtsman

I can second (by experience) California grill and Narcoosee's

CRT we do for lunch... just because of cindy... I'll agree it's a hard sell to burn 2 credits on it... Its' worth doing... but OOP I'd suggest.

I didn't book Jiko yet... but the input here, and the menu... sounds very interesting... DW and I are "adventuresome diners" (we did the Chef's Blind Tasting at Dining Room... Ritz Carlton Ameila Island) if DD's were absent and/or we had another day... JIko would be it.

Bottom line is.... So much GOOD food... so little time

Scott

MizMissy
05-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I love Cali Grill. My husband and I ate there years ago and thought it was great. I booked it for our trip in September - it's our anniversary dinner, but we are bringing along our 5 and 8 year old. I might be crazy for trying it with the two kids, but they are well behaved, like to eat out and are used to doing so. (just in case, I'm planning a very relaxing day on the day of our Cali dinner to lessen any crankiness factor).
I think it's definitely worth 2 TS credits.

I considered booking Brown Derby because we really enjoyed eating there last year, but their children's menu is terrible - A 4.99 hot dog or mac and cheese plate is NOT worth 2 TS credits. I could pay out of pocket for the kids, but when would I ever redeem those 2 TS credits? It's worth 2 TS credits for adults, but not kids. (as a side note, last year, the Brown Derby did not differentiate between child and adult credits and the kids ordered off the main menu and we had 4 great appetisers to share! Oh well... too good to last).

grumpycajun
05-18-2007, 05:56 PM
We've been to Yachtman's Steakhouse twice and it was excellent both times. This we're going to Artist Point. I've heard it's great.

grumpycajun
05-18-2007, 06:00 PM
We're going to try Artist Point this year and I understand they have a buffalo steak on the menu. Does anyone know if they have a beef filet mignon, as well. I always go for a filet, but the buffalo intrigues me. Anyone have the buffalo? Is it good? Anyone have both (not at the same time, of course)? If so, which did you enjoy most?

Thanks!

Crow
05-18-2007, 10:59 PM
i loved AP both times ive tried it
been a few trips ago now though
first time tried the buffalo, 2nd the cedar plank salmon. i would have either again.
the mushroom soup is a must have. and the wine flight
i dont think i will do Jiko again for 2 TS.
i would do Brown Derby, not sure for 2 credits.
and im sure ill like CA Grill this trip.
dont know why ive never been tempted to try anything at Grand Floridian...

cinderellagrl
05-19-2007, 01:42 AM
We're going to try Artist Point this year and I understand they have a buffalo steak on the menu. Does anyone know if they have a beef filet mignon, as well. I always go for a filet, but the buffalo intrigues me. Anyone have the buffalo? Is it good? Anyone have both (not at the same time, of course)? If so, which did you enjoy most?

Thanks!

I have tried the buffalo and the cedar plank salmon, both excellent, but have passed on any beef dish (there are so many places in Disney to enjoy beef). The buffalo was fantastic, and I dont know of many places where I could eat it! Well worth the try!

Natazu
05-19-2007, 07:28 AM
I considered booking Brown Derby because we really enjoyed eating there last year, but their children's menu is terrible - A 4.99 hot dog or mac and cheese plate is NOT worth 2 TS credits. I could pay out of pocket for the kids, but when would I ever redeem those 2 TS credits? It's worth 2 TS credits for adults, but not kids. (as a side note, last year, the Brown Derby did not differentiate between child and adult credits and the kids ordered off the main menu and we had 4 great appetisers to share! Oh well... too good to last).
Brown Derby is just barely over the break-even for adult TS credits but you're right, it's still worth it. As for the kids, I've heard they're still letting children get adult appetizers (cause the kid's appetizers are kind of weak). You never know 'til you get there, though.

If you pay out of pocket for the kids, a good way to utilize the credits is with a TS breakfast or two. The OOP cost is well below the adult break-even and then the high-dollar kids cost (like at Chef Mickey's) will be covered by the DDP.

MizMissy
05-19-2007, 08:26 AM
If you pay out of pocket for the kids, a good way to utilize the credits is with a TS breakfast or two. The OOP cost is well below the adult break-even and then the high-dollar kids cost (like at Chef Mickey's) will be covered by the DDP.[/QUOTE]

Great advice! :thumbsup: Thanks. ... now I need to reconsider some of my ADRs.

Kairi_7378
05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
CA Grill is excellent. Had my anniversary dinner there :cloud9:

Brown Derby is nice as well (esp with Fantasmic dinner package.) The dinner was good and the service was fantastic!

GrmGrninGost
05-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Cali Grill!!:mickey: It's a wonderful place, especially at fireworks time!